Unhappy...

Sandie

Posted on the Elkridge (ask the factory) forum, gave all pertinent info they requested and a detailed history of what we have been through since Jan with our Jenson unit. As of yet, Heartland has not even acknowledged my concerns... nothing. What does it take to get someone there to contact you?

RoadJunkie

Your post does not indicate how long ago you posted to ATF. If they requested info then they must have contacted you at some point. If you feel the gap in contact has been too long, just give them a call at Customer Support. The approach has always worked for me.

Sandie

The info requested is done before you can post. Serial numbers and such. It's been about 24 hours. I am hoping they can do something before we have to go back to our dealership which will be soon.

danemayer

Sandie,

If you need an immediate and detailed discussion with good 2-way feedback, a phone conversation will serve you much better than a forum post. And even if you don't need a detailed discussion, keep in mind that the person you're waiting on the forum for might be on vacation or out sick. There's no predicting how long it might take to get a response on the forum - maybe 1 day, maybe many days.

Call Heartland Customer Service to discuss. You'll need your Vin # so they can look up your rig in their computer system.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sandie, you need call HL service direct. Just so you know...the forum is not owned or operated by HL. The ATF is only a tool on the forum. The people at HL will answer your question, but maybe they dont look at the forum every hour.

MTPockets

I had a similar mis-understanding a few weeks after I purchased our Big Horn and joined the HOC. The forum is named "Ask The Factory" and requires a VIN number, so I assumed it was the thing to do for a factory reply, which I got only after calling the factory, not on the forum. The forum name needs to be changed as this has come up before. It's not really an "Ask the Factory" site in sense of getting a direct factory reply and is a bit mis-leading although on occasion a factory person will reply.

Gaffer

As others have said, the Forum is not a venue for service or repairs. I don't know what your problem is or what it will take to get it fixed but a nice calm polite conversation with customer service at Heartland and/or Jenson should get the job done. Have your VIN handy as well as model number and serial number of the Jenson unit handy when you call.

Sandie

Thanks for the heads up on calling CS. I plugged their number into my phone and will be calling tomorrow morning.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sandie, we are all glad to get you headed in the right direction. Thats what we do for new owners. BUT....here's the deal. You have an issue with your dealer ...not HL. When you call make sure that you state when and where your problem started. One other thing, with your VIN#, HL will tell you what your coach was equiped with when it left the factory. Maybe just maybe it was a special order coach that had the sterio deleted. I'm sure HL will get the issue resolved. They may even send to another repair place to have it fixed. Any time you have a problem.....call HL 1st.

Sandie

Sandie, we are all glad to get you headed in the right direction. Thats what we do for new owners. BUT....here's the deal. You have an issue with your dealer ...not HL. When you call make sure that you state when and where your problem started. One other thing, with your VIN#, HL will tell you what your coach was equiped with when it left the factory. Maybe just maybe it was a special order coach that had the sterio deleted. I'm sure HL will get the issue resolved. They may even send to another repair place to have it fixed. Any time you have a problem.....call HL 1st.
Bob, we insisted on seeing the "Standard equipment sheet" for our particular unit before we made the final decision and yes the Jensen was included. Well anyhow I spoke with Ian in Customer Service and he was very helpful in directing me as to what steps I should take. It is a Dealer issue, you right there, but sometimes getting the Manufacturer involved will get things rolling. I talked to the GM at dealership and he requested pictures and exactly what had transpired so far. Ian also told me to get the GM's name and if I feel they are not going to handle it that he would call them direct. I sure hope the new one will be installed properly.

jimtoo

If your needing information about a Jensen product, why are you not calling Jensen direct? All contact info is on the Portal Page. ASA (Jensen/Voyager) 877-845-8750, ASA's Website

Sandie

I'm not needing info from Jensen. It's the horrifying way that my unit was installed at the Dealer. I posted pic on ATF in Elkridge. Take a look and you'll understand why I am upset.