New Co-Pilot

Crumgater

We lost our co-pilot in April. Zedd (a Great Dane/Lab mix) was with us for nearly 9 great years, until a cancer tumor in his spine took him from us.

Feeling lost without canine supervision, we are now training our newest family member - Denna, an English Mastiff puppy - to fill the co-pilot seat. With the big truck, we figured we needed a big dog!! Her mom was 185 lbs...

Her first camping outing is coming up next month. I can't wait!
She's growing So FAST! (0.5 lb/day...)

DSC02716.jpgDSC03866.jpgP1000972.jpg

P1020340a.jpgP1020632a.jpg P1020824a.jpg

santafesoul

Beautiful and great pictures. Soon she will be the "sweetest dog in the world" just ask my wife. Looks like she is being treated like a queen.

P.

berky

Thanks for sharing the photos. I particularly like the one of Zedd looking out the truck window. Reminds me of our co-pilot, Lilly the Lab. Very patient. Looks like he's just sitting there, calmly waiting the arrival at his next temporary home.

Keep us updated on Denna. I'm sure there's a lot of puppy in her. But those big breeds grow into some of the calmest, most lovable companions, don't they?

Manzan

I worked in and later owned a feed store and we had an English Mastiff come in to get weighed. Very nice, gentle dog was Angus. He would amble over to the floor scale, sit down and patiently wait for a milk bone to munch on. He had been doing it since he was a puppy because he rapidly got too big for his owner to pick up and weight on the bathroom scale. People who knew dogs loved him and people who didn't were often afraid of him which puzzled him no end. Only draw back was they had to carry a towel to wipe up the slobber.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Looking forward to meeting Denna...great looking puppy! See you in Twisp!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Great pics of your new camping buddy.

1/2 lb a day.....That's a lot of Puppy Chow!

jimmar

Beautiful puppy! English Mastiffs are gorgeous dogs - gentle giants. I am sure she will be taking over that ElkRidge in no time.

Crumgater

Thanks for all the replies!

This is our first Mastiff - it's funny how now that we have one, everyone we talk to knows of one they've met... and the stories are all good. She is one of the calmest puppies I've ever been around, for sure! (although, she does have her moments :rolleyes:).

Zedd was definitely a patient traveler - in the picture, he's tracking the herds of cows and horses in Oregon as we passed by.

Looking forward to seeing you all down the road.
-Tina

CliffP

Great looking dogs! Zedd must have been a great dog. Is Denna going to fit in your back seat or will you need to upgrade to a toy hauler so she has a place to ride. Wow look at those paws! Post more pics when you can.

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Oh she is just precious!! Take lots of pictures because as you know, she wont be this small for long. Have you seen the rear seat Modification Duane/Porthole made for our two Golden Retrievers? Denna will be a wonderful travel companion and be sure to share lots of pictures with us.
We just started taking pictures of Molly and Regis by the campground signs where we stay. It will make a fun photo album to look back on at the end of our travel season.

Wmnmy

Very nice looking new baby you have they grow quick we have a Italian mastiff , cane corso he fit in my hand when he was born now he is 138 of pure sweetness loves other dogs and people very social you will love your soon to be big girl and sorry for your lost of your Dane my friend .