Sliding patio screen door problem

AnnR

I posted this earlier in the Sundance forum, so I apologize to those who have read it already, but does anyone have advice on how to adjust the sliding patio screen door? When we did our walk through with the dealer last October I don't remember using the screen door (my oversight) so I'm not sure if it worked properly then and came unbalanced during delivery, or if this is a design issue. There is no mention in our owners' manual about the patio door, and it looks like it was an added option on our trailer (Sundance 3200FK TT). I know there are 4 screws on the screen door for adjusting/balancing. The instructions on the screen door label say to adjust the screws on the bottom until the door is parallel to the frame and then adjust the top screws to tighten the door. We have tried this, but the door either sticks or completely falls off the frame. If we adjust it so it is working well from outside the camper, we can't open the door from inside the camper and vice versa. Right now I can open the door about half way if I very carefully use 2 hands - not very practical for setting up, serving a meal outside, etc., so we have just been using the glass sliding door but would love to have the ventilation of the screen. I have checked the track for debris. What about lubricating the track with something? The track is thin aluminum. Should there be another edge or seal next to the bottom track to prevent the door from coming off? It seems like sometimes the rubber seal at the top of the door is getting caught when opening the door. Should I trim it to make it a little shorter? Do others have this problem or am I just a klutz? Thanks for any help!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ann, the first thing to do would be to call HL service. Have your VIN# handy and discuss the problem with them.