2012 Elk Ridge 34tsre Coax Layout

Griffin

I'm currently trying to find a schematic/layout for the coax in my 34TSRE. I am operating with one Direct TV receiver on the main TV that splits the output to the main TV and to the bedroom (Same Channel). I am hoping to achieve this while still being able to use my antenna when satellite signal is not available. The only issue I'm having is finding the direct line to the bedroom and awning tv jacks. I recently had this same setup in my 2006 Jayflight 5'er and it worked perfectly. Any help would be appreciated.

danemayer

Hi Griffin,

There are several coax layout diagrams in the TOOLS section of the forum. This Big Country diagram may be similar to your Elkridge. From what you've described, it sounds like your Directv receiver must have a COAX output that you're splitting: one output to the living room TV and the other output to the antenna/cable connector.

If that's right, you're plan is to send the receiver output backwards through the antenna/cable COAX wiring to the 2nd TV. From past comments, you may need to change the splitters to diplexers may allow bi-directional signal flow and allowing the antenna and cable to still work.

If your antenna booster is in the bedroom, the path to the living room probably includes a splitter behind the basement wall. In my Landmark, it's on the doorside, near the basement TV mount.

Some experimentation is probably required. And when you shop diplexers you'll find prices vary a lot.

Good luck. If you figure it out, consider posting a diagram and/or detailed instructions so others can benefit.