Heartland has done well

dave10a

I purchased my 2012 Landmark San Antonio last February after trading in a Motor Home. My experience with Heartland has been very positive while my experience with the dealer has be very poor. Heartland has performed well and has exceeded my warranty expectations while dealer performance has been very poor. I have no regrets with my purchase decision of the Landmark. However I will be extremely skeptical towards a dealer in the future. It is a beautiful and comfortable unit and I get many compliments from other RV’ers. After adding and modifying various items, it is now a trailer that I can enjoy my travels. I just completed a 7000 mile round trip coast to coast and enjoyed the entire trip seeing this beautiful country. Heartland has done well by me……

MTPockets

I've developed pretty much the same opinion. From other threads on the HOC forums, there are too few positive comments about dealer service. That would suggest to me that the more successful brands would need to have the most positive dealer comments. Poor dealer service would certainly drag down the brand name. Don't know what I would suggest to Heartland, but I know I wasn't real impressed with my dealer either. Love my unit though.

tmcran

And why not name these dealers? Perhaps it will save someone else dealing with them. I've had great dealer service from Franklin's Big Country RV . In Abilene,Tx.

FARMER45

And why not name these dealers? Perhaps it will save someone else dealing with them. I've had great dealer service from Franklin's Big Country RV . In Abilene,Tx.
After three weeks of , we will return your call and make a date for you to come in, from the dealer I bought from in Lubbock txI called Franklin to see if they would take care of me, they said sure, I ask when , he said tomorrow, they ordered parts and I picked it up in six days. Guess where I buy next?

TeJay

Your point is well taken. If dealers knew that they could or would get a bad rating from customers and posted on line then maybe they would try to do better. I will not recommend Earl's RV (OK) to anybody. They are a family run business but their techs are not trained and are hacks. I guess they mean well but at the customers expense. On the other hand McGaugh's RV in Springdale AR has so far done well. Wheel's RV here in Springdale is also a quality repair center.

TeJay

tmcran

After three weeks of , we will return your call and make a date for you to come in, from the dealer I bought from in Lubbock txI called Franklin to see if they would take care of me, they said sure, I ask when , he said tomorrow, they ordered parts and I picked it up in six days. Guess where I buy next?

I have heard from a number of folks that recommend Franklin's. I bought there because of knowing the folks personally. Had

aatauses

I agree with all that has been written, I have ALWAYS had issues with dealers but NEVER with HL customer service. I am not sure if any of you have had the opportunity to visit Elkhart, but when you do you will be amazed and see that the customer focus for the HL organization goes down to the person assembling your rig---they are GREAT.
If people find a good dealer, please continue to post
thanks
al

frano

We've had a similiar situation with our Edge--a bunch of things wrong upon delivery, poor dealer service, fixed some ourselves, but love the trailer now. I'd suggest that Heartland send the customer a questionaire a couple of months after warrenty registration to get a better feel of what the customer is going through with their dealers and which dealers are not performing. The weak link in the Heartland owner experience seems to be with some of their dealers.

Tanuki

We just picked up our new BC2950RK. Love the rig, our first 5'er. I think I have an insight to the dealer delivery issue: there were a lot of small problems. Nothing that would stop operations. Scratches, doors that don't latch, paint dings, upholstery issues, electrical ghosts. Jeeze, my house is kinda like that. Oh yeah, this is supposed to be NEW. But really, it took 1500+ miles to get here. Dealer gets paid by Heartland for warranty repairs requested by customer. Probably not so easily for defects they see on original delivery. Dealer was great (Pan Pacific). Fixed what they could after PDI and went way beyond expectations and fixed wiring problems on my truck at no cost including a new plug. Kudos to them! Jury is still out on HL an how our other issues get handled. But they WANT us to come back in 4-6 weeks with all our issues. They get paid by HL. @$125/hr? HL needs to do a better job upfront!! Would save them a ton of $$$$$.

bighorn3370

Tanuki, I do not think that Heartland pays the dealers $125.00/hr. That is more like customer charge. I would bet Heartland pays about half that much. Ernie

nscaler2

I would just like to put in a plug for a very good dealer and service facility. The name is Chetopa RV Center. They are located in the south east corner of Kansas, very near Joplin Missouri. They have done work for me both in warranty, and recently, out of warranty. I did not purchase from them because at the time I didn't know they existed. Their work has been exemplary. They do the job in a timely manner and go beyond just what is necessary. Their labor rates are way below the big guys. I had frame repair done there just about a month ago. They did a fine job and improved on what Lippert had done. If I ever buy again, it will be from them. Good service does pay off. That is why it is so hard to understand dealers that don't give it.

CliffP

We've had a few things wrong with our new North Trail They were minor things but needed parts replacement so needed to be fixed by the dealer. Heartland Customer Service gave me the name of a closer dealer. Gonna try to get our service done elsewhere. We could write a book on our experiences with the dealer.