TST TPMS Alarm went off today

danemayer

Our TPMS started beeping this afternoon to alert me of low pressure on one of the truck tires. We were on a narrow rural road so I hoped to get back to town but it wasn't to be. Pressure was dropping about 3psi every 20 seconds.

Pulled over and saw that there was some kind of nail or spike in the corner of the tire. Also heard the air leaking. Fortunately the trailer was back at the campsite so I didn't have to unhook. Once I got the spare down, changing the tire wasn't too bad.
tirebolt.jpg
This is what came out of the tire. That's a quarter next to it.

Thank you TST.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Wow, that's a nasty looking lag screw. Our local tire dealer has a display on the front counter of the odd things removed from tires. Your's is a good example. Thankfully it didn't result in a blowout.

TeJay

Just getting ready to pull the trigger on the TST TPMS. I think they are one of the best for the $$$. I like the idea that they also monitor the temperature as well.

TeJay

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Our TST has saved us twice! One of the better investments I have made!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
From the looks of it, that lag screw was waiting to hitch a ride for a long time. Too bad it took a liking to you.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
TST.... at first I was skeptical, at the gillette rally Bob from Ontario helped me program it (properly) it worked as advertised until we went to leave. I was going arround saying my goodbyes when my DW tracked me down to ask if there should be air coming out of the monitor????? **** no, down to 85psi just like that, so removed all of them. I called TST yesterday (bought the system at the goschen Rally), lady said O ring problem, will send them out, if that does not fix things we will send a new monitor. year old, gotta love a company that wants to help, did not have to answer 64 questions about when I bought it .....

Bob F had a diferent system and has batteries were not replaceable would have cost him over $200 for replacement so he bought a system at Gillette Rally for the same price, he can now replace batteries. lesson learned.