RIP Ruby

jbeletti

Our beloved Ruby (Daddy's Girl) is gone. Rest in peace baby girl.

Here's some pictures we took yesterday when we visited her at the animal hospital:
IMG_2052.jpg IMG_2054.jpg IMG_2055.jpg IMG_2058.jpg IMG_2059.jpg IMG_2063.jpg

The Vet felt Ruby had a pretty serious infection, likely from her last bladder surgery about 6 weeks back. That infection moved up into her kidneys. She exhibited with lack of appetite and lethargy. We took her into the animal hospital where they started her on an IV of antibiotics and fluids.

We visited her yesterday for a couple hours. She was pretty out of it when we got there. By the time we left, she had perked up quite a bit. Got her to walk outside a few steps, enough to go pee. Even got her to take some water finally.

During the night, she took a turn for the worse and based on details the doctor gave me, I made the decision to allow her to cross the Rainbow Bridge.

What a sweet dog. So hard to type this. Good bye Ruby.

Miller0758

Sorry to hear about Ruby, Jim. I hope you find comfort and when you're down, think of those special moments we all have had with our furry friends. Peace.

JJOren

Jim:

Janie and I are truly sorry for your loss! Many folks fail to realize how much our animal friends come to mean to us!! We'll be thinking about you and your family!!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jim & Nancy, So sorry to hear of Ruby's passing. I know she was loved. Keep her in your hearts forever.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
So sorry to here Jim and Nancy, she was a sweet little dog. R.I.P. Ruby
Walter and Linda West

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Jim, Stella and I are so sorry to hear of the loss of Ruby. She will be missed.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Just know Jim and Nancy how much she loved you!! Rest in Peace little Ruby!:angel:

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Dave and I were so very sad to see your post. Please know we are thinking about you and Nancy. So sorry for your loss.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Jim and Nancy, so sorry to hear about Ruby. We all enjoyed her personality and will miss her. We do have a special relationship with our little friends who make our days better.
Hogan

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Jim and Nancy, so sorry to hear of Ruby's passing. Such a cutie.
RIP Ruby.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
So sorry to hear of Ruby's passing. I know it is hard on you and Nancy but knowing she is no longer in pain is somewhat uplifting. I hope she gets to meet our Golden Sam up there.

Mark and Linda

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Jim, we are sorry about the loss of Ruby. We lost our Cowboy in 2009 after 13yrs. He loved to travel with us. He will play with her and watch over her.

Bob & Pat

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Jim and Nancy,

Jim and I are so sorry to hear about Ruby passing. She was a sweet little dog. Remember she will always be with you in spirit and your heart and will always be watching over you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you both.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Jim and Nancy,

We are so sorry to hear this. I only met Ruby once but she was so sweet and friendly even though she must not have been feeling well at the time. I know it was a tough decision to make and we are thinking of you while you grieve.

Kristy

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Nancy and Jim,

I will keep you all in my prayers. The loss of a family member is always difficult, but watching them suffer is sometimes even harder. May Ruby rest in peace!

Kevin