Made a few mods

CTD2005

In the last 30 days since we got our Sundance I have added a few things.
1-replaced lid for bathroom roof vent
2-added two MaxxAir2 vent covers
3-added a Cyclone sewer vent
4-added two Vornado fans to help circulate the air inside
5-added a 5" pvc fence post for sewer hose storage (the best mod i've made so far)

sewerhose1a.jpg sewerhose2a.jpgsewerhose3a.jpg

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Nice job on the sewer hose. I have a similar thing also. How do you hold the cap on and what are you using to pull the rain gutter out.

BC

CTD2005

Nice job on the sewer hose. I have a similar thing also. How do you hold the cap on and what are you using to pull the rain gutter out.

BC

I have a small bungee cord holding the removable cap on.The handle is a 3/4" piece of pvc conduit with a coupling on each end, I then used a 3/4" plumbing plug in each coupling and screwed a tek screw through the gutter into the plugs on each end. It is parts I already had available that just worked out.

ILH

I have a small bungee cord holding the removable cap on.The handle is a 3/4" piece of pvc conduit with a coupling on each end, I then used a 3/4" plumbing plug in each coupling and screwed a tek screw through the gutter into the plugs on each end. It is parts I already had available that just worked out.

How did you attach it to the underside of your rig? Is the underside of your rig exposed, or closedin (as mine is). I'm just not sure what to screw or attach into! Otherwise I plan to do this exact mod. Thanks.

CTD2005

How did you attach it to the underside of your rig? Is the underside of your rig exposed, or closedin (as mine is). I'm just not sure what to screw or attach into! Otherwise I plan to do this exact mod. Thanks.

ILH, mine is also enclosed but the outside of the I beam frame is accessible on each side of the rig. I drilled through it and attached 1/4" all thread through it to an angle bracket beneath the pipe. There may be a better way to attach it, this just happens to be materials I already had.
Here is a picture that shows my mount to the frame.
P6230492a.jpg

CTD2005

If you would like I can email you my pics that are original size if you think it would help.

ILH

If you would like I can email you my pics that are original size if you think it would help.

That would be great - thanks!

I deperately want to do this mod - but I can't get the 5" fence post material locally (I'm in Southern Ontario). Lowes and Home Depot in Canada don't seem to carrry it. I'm heading to the US on vacation in July and I'll pick up the materials then (I may even do the mod while away). I just want to make sure I know what to get, what I need before I leave, etc.

Thanks.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Nice and simple.......just the way I like it. I might have to add this to my "to do list".

CTD2005

I deperately want to do this mod - but I can't get the 5" fence post material locally (I'm in Southern Ontario). Lowes and Home Depot in Canada don't seem to carrry it. I'm heading to the US on vacation in July and I'll pick up the materials then (I may even do the mod while away). I just want to make sure I know what to get, what I need before I leave, etc.

Thanks.

Ian, here is the website I got my info from for this mod. I hope this helps you get this mod ready before your trip.

porthole

Retired

Thanks.

PVC pipe, couple of threaded ends and caps. 2 stainless clamps from McMaster Carr and you are good to go.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#u-bolts/=i4i8lj

CliffP

The sewer post mod has made its way to our list. Looking forward to having a place to store the sewer fittings. Nice work!

ILH

Ian, here is the website I got my info from for this mod. I hope this helps you get this mod ready before your trip.

Thanks for your great help. We got home from our cross-country trip on the weekend - and this was the first opportunity I had to slip away to the RV and take some pictures. These are some post-mod pics. I changed up the handles - slightly simpler design although seems to work well.

One thing I still have to do is add some vent holes. I put some in initially for drainage - but you can't have too many....

Again, thanks.

P1020548.jpgP1020550.jpgP1020555.jpgP1020553.jpgP1020552.jpg

Vtxkid

Thanks for your great help. We got home from our cross-country trip on the weekend - and this was the first opportunity I had to slip away to the RV and take some pictures. These are some post-mod pics. I changed up the handles - slightly simpler design although seems to work well.

One thing I still have to do is add some vent holes. I put some in initially for drainage - but you can't have too many....
Again, thanks.
View attachment 20569View attachment 20568View attachment 20566View attachment 20567View attachment 20570

Good Pic's & nice set-up!