GT 3.0 blus backlight stays on with unit off.

Pwb01

Please help. I plugged my cell phone into the USB to charge it. USB was displayed on the screen. After I unplugged the USB and turned the Genesis off the blue backlight stays on. I tried pulling the fuse for several minutes and it is still on. This situation won't work well drycamping.

thanks for your help

Paul

jimtoo

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm sure you will get an answer to your question, but it may be Monday or so, unless one of our other members have had the problem and can help out.

Jim M

BobFields

Hi Paul,

Sorry for your inconvenience.

I will need to forward this onto someone else to look into, but you should also try manually reset the unit.

1. turn on unit
2. press and hold the MODE button until unit shuts off (About 30 secs)
3. Try again

I am traveling today, but let me know.

Thanks
Bob

Pwb01

Thanks for the quick response. I'm sorry the re-set didn't work. I held the mode button for as long as 90 seconds and the radio didn't shut down. If I can't fix it I need to disconnect it by adding a switch to the power wire and only have today (Sunday) for the to fix for the holiday trip. Pulling the fuse turns a light on in the power panel again using battery power. Does the plastic ring around the unit come off revealing screws? It seems to be real tight. Is there anything eles I can try to re-set it.

update edit: I dismounted the radio and isolated the hot wire. I'll make a temporayr fix by adding a switch to the hot wire as soon as radio shack opens. This will hold me until I find a remedy.

Last edited: