SOLVED: Toilet bowl "blade" problems

cdngirl

When my husband was flushing the tanks out on our last trip to the dump station. He hit the water stopper (blade) with the wand/hose knocking it into the tank. Does this snap back on and does the whole toilet need to come off the floor to do this? This is our 2nd trip out with our brand new Northtrail 28BRS. Any advice is greatly appreciated. We are 1.5 hrs from the nearest dealership.

Thanks,
Heather

jimtoo

Re: Toilet "blade" problems

Hi Heather,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure some of our members with toilet experience will jump in soon to help you with an answer.

Enjoy the forum and your Northtrail.

Jim M

jbeletti

Hi Heather,

From which end was your husband using the wand? From the outside or from inside, down the toilet?

By water stopper, do you mean in the toilet, the ball in the bottom of the bowl is gone to where you can see down the toilet and into the tank? Or do you mean the blade that is part of the tank valve assembly that is in the sewer line between the tank and the discharge port outside?

If you mean the blade that is part of the tank valve system this blade rides in a track and is pulled back and forth on that track by a cable pull. In this case, I would drop the underbelly material down to inspect the valve near the tank.

You indicated you are 1.5 hours away from the dealer, if you guys are handy and want to do a tank valve replacement yourselves, it's entirely possible. Many have done it. You can order a new valve assembly from Heartland (877-262-8032).

I've never heard of anyone damaging the valve but I can see how it could happen, if the valve was not 100% open and an object was forced into the blade a few times.

Depending on what has really happened, Heartland may even cover this as a warranty item.

Best of luck and circle back here with more info and other forum members will do their best to give you input.

cdngirl

Re: Toilet problems

He was inside the camper flushing with the wand when his foot slipped off the floor pedal and it caught the wand and snapped off. Its a flat disc, when you flush it pivots to the side it holds the water in the bowl. No ball in our assembly. Brand name Thetford.

Hi Heather,

From which end was your husband using the wand? From the outside or from inside, down the toilet?

By water stopper, do you mean in the toilet, the ball in the bottom of the bowl is gone to where you can see down the toilet and into the tank? Or do you mean the blade that is part of the tank valve assembly that is in the sewer line between the tank and the discharge port outside?

jbeletti

Hi Heather,

Thanks for the clarification. Consider calling Thetford in the morning (info@thetford.com / 800-543-1219).

Here's a link to the toilet section on their website: http://www.thetford.com/HOME/PARTS/PermanentToilets/tabid/331/Default.aspx

Look at your toilet or the paperwork with your coach to determine the model, the follow the link above to the link to a parts list for your toilet. From there, you will find the blade part number. As to putting the original blade back in, I have no ideas for you on that. But a call to Thetford may help answer that.

cdngirl

Problem fixed. He took the bowl up off the floor and that part snapped back into place. Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. ;)