Attention: Interior Designer

kkamshop

We had the opportunity this past weekend to see all of the Landmark floorplans at The Rally in Louisville. Love the floorplans - especially the Key Largo!

While we are not in the market to trade at the moment, I would not have selected LM if I were trading due to the interior color schemes.

Please please please be the leader in the industry and lighten up the interior. The cabinet color you are using now is TOO DARK! The flooring is TOO DARK! The wall color is TOO DARK! Keep the counter tops and go from there.

I think the idea is that "dark" is "rich", but think "beach cottage" style which is soothing to the spirit. I think your sales would soar if you offered an interior with clear maple or birch wood and a lighter floor and fabric package.

Just my opinion and everyone has one, but I'm not trading until I see something lighter than my current cherry Augusta (which I think is already plenty dark :) )

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I am with you guys !!That's why I chose the one we got light oak in our bighorn !!i love it!!

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
We had the opportunity this past weekend to see all of the Landmark floorplans at The Rally in Louisville. Love the floorplans - especially the Key Largo!

While we are not in the market to trade at the moment, I would not have selected LM if I were trading due to the interior color schemes.

Please please please be the leader in the industry and lighten up the interior. The cabinet color you are using now is TOO DARK! The flooring is TOO DARK! The wall color is TOO DARK! Keep the counter tops and go from there.

I think the idea is that "dark" is "rich", but think "beach cottage" style which is soothing to the spirit. I think your sales would soar if you offered an interior with clear maple or birch wood and a lighter floor and fabric package.

Just my opinion and everyone has one, but I'm not trading until I see something lighter than my current cherry Augusta (which I think is already plenty dark :) )

I'm agreeing with you there. On the high end class As you see super dark wood. But you also see off white tile floor!

It balances it out.

I really don't like the linoleum in our Big Country. We have those large slate tile looking ones. In a large airy house it wouldn't be bad. But in a small space with limited light, dark cabinets and dark counter tops, I feel like a bear.

Worse, you cannot see dirt on it at all which means if the cat drops her food on the floor, I find it with my bare feet.

I don't want to sound like I don't love our unit. I do. But it's taking some getting used to. And in my opinion, anything is better than oak!

Sandie

We also have the light oak. Not a fan of the darker wood in RV's. I feel too closed in. Our last fiver had off white cabinets, light tan walls and plank wood look linoleum. It was very easy on the eyes and a very nice combo.

FordMan1966

We love our 2013 Landmark colors interior and exterior. Cabinets, flooring, and leather on the couch and chairs look great to us. Sorry that you do not like the dark colors. We also have the Chocolate Full Body Paint Exterior.

archbarb

I love these comments...exactly what I have said many times!!! I think the cabinets look dingy. I think the floor should be nicer than the current selection. One of the reasons I still love our BC (2 yrs old) is the airiness of the cherry (colored) and mocha cabinets! I realize that not everyone loves the two-tone but it works for us. I also love the "wood plank" flooring over the slate! The bottom line, I know, is that it has to appeal to the masses! I just hope that if or when we trade to a LM, I'll be able to love the interiors more than I personally do now!! Not saying they aren't gorgeous...just not carefree and casual enough for me!!!
Barb

Gizzy

Agree. We also chose the Light Oak for our BH just so it would brighten things up a little bit.

FordMan1966

White floor tiles. The top of the line Landmark does not have White Floor Tiles. Our 2013 has vinyl that is gray/taupe color.

I'm agreeing with you there. On the high end class As you see super dark wood. But you also see off white tile floor!

It balances it out.

I really don't like the linoleum in our Big Country. We have those large slate tile looking ones. In a large airy house it wouldn't be bad. But in a small space with limited light, dark cabinets and dark counter tops, I feel like a bear.

Worse, you cannot see dirt on it at all which means if the cat drops her food on the floor, I find it with my bare feet.

I don't want to sound like I don't love our unit. I do. But it's taking some getting used to. And in my opinion, anything is better than oak!

kkamshop

Glad to see I am not the only one who thinks the interior decor is too dark! ;) Maybe if the factory hears it enough, they will listen...

While in Louisville, we saw a Spacecraft fifth wheel with painted walls, I definitely think I will try to lighten my interior with paint. I think I will do the bathroom first as a test, I just dread all the taping off I would have to do.

And I plan to make slipcovers for the chairs in a lighter stripe or printed fabric.

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired

Many of us "Ladies" spoke to the person at the Interior Design Table while attending the 2011 Goshen Rally about the very same thing. In fact I was quite surprised at how many felt the same way. Dark colors inside not only make the space appear much smaller but is also quite depressing. IMHO - for what its' worth.

FordMan1966

Dark colors make the Landmarks look really sharp inside. Maybe have 2 cabinet options and 2 dark and 2 light material colors. That would please everyone.

MTPockets

Dark colors make the Landmarks look really sharp inside. Maybe have 2 cabinet options and 2 dark and 2 light material colors. That would please everyone.

"This" is the solution..... We like the darker colors. Other folks like the lighter. Offer a choice to those who want one.

Birchwood

The lighter colours are available in the less expensive models.Seems dark colour schemes are used in
many higher end models of vehicles an RVs.We love the dark cherry wood in our Landmark along with
our upgraded black leather recliners and dark green leather sofa.

wildwolfproducts

I for one love the dark inside of our Key Largo. Seen lots of the white cabinets, to me looks cheap and old fashion. Plus the darker they make a unit, the more it hides for them. Flood it with bright colors and the factory would see all the issues a unit has before its rushed out the door.
But again sure glad ours has the colors on the inside it has. But do wish all walls were painted that way its easy change colors for everyone.
Pete

AnnR

Definitely a good idea! Having 2 large dogs (and an untrained husband who doesn't always remove his shoes when entering the trailer) I love the darker colors. I wouldn't change a thing - can't imagine having light floors/furniture in an RV that is parked in the woods! But not everyone likes the same things. It would be great to have that choice between light and dark. There were (I think) 4 "colors" available for the Sundance, but they were all basically the same color - just different patterns. Make 2 light color schemes and 2 dark. They say the wife is really the one who buys the RV, right? The more options we have, the easier it is to fall in love with a new model. When they all look alike, there's not as much incentive to upgrade. And yes, I'm still talking RVs here!! ;)