Differences in the Landmark RV's

We are looking hard at the Landmark 5er's, but have not yet been able to get inside one of them, let alone to get all the models together to do a compairason on them. I know that each of us has different ideas as to what "best" is in each of our homes, and that there are options that can be added etc, but as the Landmarks go, is there one that is better than the rest for full time use? Are the models rated from 1-5 etc?

jbeletti

Hi Tim and Cathy,

Within the Landmark line, you'll find the design and production to be similar. The primary difference is going to be floor plans.

Then within the floor plans, you find various lengths and weights of trailers. One of them with 4 slides that allow the end room to be closed off from the rest of the trailer.

The best unit for you will be the floor plan that best suits your lifestyle. For us, it was the Mt. Rushmore with the freestanding island.

I believe that the Golden Gate is the Landmark that has sold the most units.

Having been in all the floor plans and in many owner's units, I have to say that from an aesthetics perspective, I really like the look of a Grand Canyon with leather chairs and granite counters.

So many choices! If you need more counter space for food preparation, consider the Grand Canyon or Mt. Rushmore.

Note too that the image below and my comments above all pertain to the original Landmark platform. The redesigned Landmark will have new floor plans. It's not clear to me if the original floor plans will also remain available but many of them can still be found on some dealer lots.

If you like the side aisle plan, one of the new floor plans may interest you. I don't see the new floor plans on the factory website yet but I'd expect to see them soon.

Other's will weigh in on this thread with their ideas for you as well as their preferences. Try to get out there and see some Landmarks!

Jim

//heartlandowners.org/attachments/landmarks_original.jpg

jpmorgan37

Cathy & Tim;

We chose the Grand Canyon for fulltiming primarily because of the kitchen layout. My bride loves to cook and the Grand Canyon afforded the most counter space, cabinet and pantry space of the models we considered. We have enjoyed the overall layout very much. That being said, you need to get inside each one and sit in the chair, look around and see if you are comfortable with the layout. The Grand Canyon was our personal choice, but that is something only you can decide. We looked at all of the floorplans before we made our choice. As far as rating them is concerned, I would give them all a five.

John

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Tim and Cathy,
We choose the 2005 Mt, Rushmore with out the center Isle. We liked the open space we have. My wife has plenty of cabinet space and enough counter space for her needs. We also love the 12 cubit foot fridge with the ice maker. If I were buying again I would get dual pane windows,and the second ac with heat pump. Look at all the models, and like JP said sit in the chair,stand in the kitchen,put yourself in each unit and make the best decision you can.Good luck. Which ever model you decide on I believe you will enjoy your unit.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
We agree that you should spend time in the units that interest you. Looking at floor plans, we had decided that the Grand Canyon was definitely the floor plan for us. I absolutely loved the layout. Fortunately we decided to make the 5 1/2 hour drive to RV For Less to take a first hand look at the Grand Canyon. We spent about four hours in the coach checking everything out and just sitting in it and getting the feel of it. Results... we just didn't feel comfortable in it. As much as we loved the kitchen space, the kitchen felt confining to us.

We are now back at RV's For Less picking up our Mt. Rushmore with kitchen island. It has the space that we wanted, but the walk around island does not make us feel confined.

Go look, touch and enjoy the search!:D

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Yes sit in the chairs... don't forget to sit on the toilet and think for a coupple of minutes then stand in the shower. Have a lay down on the bed too. Just check out everything and how it works.
Good luck
Rand

gawelsh

We were just like GoldenWingers - loved the Grand Canyon's kitchen on paper, but found it too confining once we got in one. We got the Mt Rushmore with free-standing island, which provides tons of counterspace that you can completely walk around. - plus it adds drawers and a huge 2 shelf cabinet and extra outlets.

We got dual pane windows and just added the 2nd heat pump in the bedroom. We didn't like the oversized Ultraleather chairs, which were an upgrade. We replaced them with smaller fabric recliners, so would recommend just getting the Euro recliners that come standard in the units - they're a better fit and if you don't like them, at least you haven't paid extra for them like we did:rolleyes: .

We just adore our Landmark and think it's the greatest thing since canned soup - enjoy the process !!!!