Wilson Sleek 4G-V shipping Thursday (6/28)!

3Gstore

Hey guys I just wanted to give you an update in case you decided to pre-order the new Sleek 4G-V units that boosts both 3G and 4G LTE reception. There were some delays with the FCC but we just got the notice that everything is good to go and they'll be shipping from our warehouse on Thursday (maybe Wednesday)!

We should have our full review up later this week too!

3Gstore

Yes, iphone4s, att.

If you have AT&T I'd recommend waiting until next month for the Wilson Sleek 4G-A model that will support AT&T's LTE in addition to 3G. The Sleek 4G-V for Verizon will work with the iPhone 4S on AT&T, but if you plan to stick with AT&T for the next iPhone (which will likely have LTE), it would make more sense to buy the AT&T version.

rick_debbie_gallant

If you have AT&T I'd recommend waiting until next month for the Wilson Sleek 4G-A model that will support AT&T's LTE in addition to 3G. The Sleek 4G-V for Verizon will work with the iPhone 4S on AT&T, but if you plan to stick with AT&T for the next iPhone (which will likely have LTE), it would make more sense to buy the AT&T version.

Thanks Matt. guess I could look up the price myself. Or I could ask you

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Matt, What's your opinion on how this device would work for us in this "extended Verizon wireless" are in central WI? It's that little square owned by Element Mobile. I thought it might help us for the 4510 mifi device.

3Gstore

Matt, What's your opinion on how this device would work for us in this "extended Verizon wireless" are in central WI? It's that little square owned by Element Mobile. I thought it might help us for the 4510 mifi device.

I think you'll be really impressed with the results! I'm not sure if I'll have approval to post my review today, or if it will be live tomorrow. At any rate I'll update the thread when the review is live ;)

The previous gen 3G only Sleek was on the top 10 rated items by 3Gstore customers last year. There are 63 customer reviews that you can checkout here on it - http://3gstore.com/product/1981_wilson-sleek-cell-phone-hotspot-signal-booster-815226.html#Tab2

I'm sure the 4G version will start getting reviews pretty quick because people have been waiting a while for it. The bad news is we're sold out on pre-orders now and the new ETA for new orders is July 13 I believe. If anybody wants to get one PM me for a code and I'll give you $10 off for being a member here!

porthole

Retired
No iPad adapter :p

Matt, the home office kit looks like a window adapter, yet in the video there is mention of needing sheet metal for a ground plane. Is metal needed?
In my area I haven't found a real need for signal boosting with the phone, but for the MiFi 2200 - that could use some help.

And in reference to the ground plane, what is needed? I could see a real help for the motorcycle. Some of my bike trips take me to areas with little coverage.

BTW, I find the "close captioning" quite entertaining.

Last edited:

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
The HTC EVO is 4G WiMAX through Sprint and isn't compatible with either the Sleek 4G-V or 4G-A. I know it's confusing, but you can thank the carriers for deciding to use a different frequency for each network :(

Then what can we use to increase our signal? I have looked at the 3G store but cant find anything compatible. Do you have a suggestion?

3Gstore

No iPad adapter :p

Matt, the home office kit looks like a window adapter, yet in the video there is mention of needing sheet metal for a ground plane. Is metal needed?
In my area I haven't found a real need for signal boosting with the phone, but for the MiFi 2200 - that could use some help.

And in reference to the ground plane, what is needed? I could see a real help for the motorcycle. Some of my bike trips take me to areas with little coverage.

BTW, I find the "close captioning" quite entertaining.

The accessory kit includes a stand that has the magnetic base built into the unit. This replaces the need to have a metal base plate to mount the antenna to if your using it in a window. If you bike has a metal fender you should be able to use that, or bring something small with you to stick it to when you get somewhere to stop.

Then what can we use to increase our signal? I have looked at the 3G store but cant find anything compatible. Do you have a suggestion?

There's only one WiMAX amplifier and it's designed for larger office spaces and isn't applicable for RV use :(

With WiMAX being replaced by LTE I don't think you'll see a smaller WiMAX amp.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
There's only one WiMAX amplifier and it's designed for larger office spaces and isn't applicable for RV use :(

With WiMAX being replaced by LTE I don't think you'll see a smaller WiMAX amp.

Had to do a little research for that one but it does say Sprint is changing over to LTE. I guess that will mean new phones at some point or a new carrier. Sprint has been very good for the most part. A few places we have been where the coverage has been poor but no worse than other carriers.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I just received my Wilson Sleek this afternoon.
I did a quick trial using my Droid Razr as a hot spot.
I went from two/three bars of signal strength to five solid. I cannot figure out how to check the RSSI on this phone.
I have only 3G in this area and although my speed test was not great, the Sleek did improve the speed by 3x.
Next week I will give it the supreme test when I go to northern WI where the signal is iffy at best. Here I will plug in my 32" Wilson Omni Trucker Antenna for best results.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

I just received my Wilson Sleek this afternoon.
I did a quick trial using my Droid Razr as a hot spot. I went from two/three bars of signal strength to five solid.

Dave, I take it your test is comparing unamplified signal to amplified signal; not old Wilson amplifer to new Wilson amplifer.

I'd be very interested in the latter comparison.

3Gstore

Dave, I take it your test is comparing unamplified signal to amplified signal; not old Wilson amplifer to new Wilson amplifer.

The signal strength between the original Wilson Sleek and new Wilson Sleek 4G-V should be the same on 3G because they have the same amount of amplification. The difference is the new model will work if your phone is in a 4G LTE area too!

@ Cookie - Thanks for the feedback on your Sleek, glad to hear that it's working well for you! Keep us updated on your tests.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Yes Dan, it was unamplified to amplified.

Peace
Dave