30 or 50 AMP

SeldomSeen

:confused:First time out with the 2011 Greystone 29MK and was wondering if I can get away with using 30 AMP service or not. Camping where it will be in the mid to upper 80"s with no humidity, Flagstaff, AZ. Wondering if needed could I run the air, the tv and refrig all at the same time or not? Does anyone know where I could locate the draw AMP wise for all the different power parts of my unit? Would be helpful, didn't come with a lot of info regarding the rig itself.

danemayer

Wondering if needed could I run the air, the tv and refrig all at the same time or not?
One A/C unit draws about 15Amps. You should be fine with 1 A/C, TV, Refrig. Coffee pots, toasters, microwave and hairdryers are about 15 amps each and could trip a breaker if you use one of them on top of A/C, TV, Refrig.

You can save some amps by running the Refrig on LP. Also, use LP for the water heater. You probably won't need the A/C in the morning, so other appliances should be ok - just not all at the same time.

Birchwood

We use 30 amp for a 5 month period at our park while we are in Canada.We have dual A/C but can only use one at a time.
The only important thing to remember is run your water heater on LP.If you use electric for heating water you will continually
break the circuit.We also use our electric fireplace and an electric heater in the bedroom together with no problems.Operating
one A/C,fridge,tv,microwave,and even the bedroom TV will not be a problem for 30 amp.

AnnR

We're using 30 Amp also and have had pretty much the same experience everyone else has posted. As long as we don't use the electric water heater and the AC at the same time we've been fine. TV, AC and fridge shouldn't be a problem, especially after your fridge has cooled to its operating temp. Maybe be more cautious when you first plug in. Our owners manual had a little chart with approx Amps in it, but it's up at our site right now. From what I remember, it seems like if you use either the AC or the electric water heater you can use 2 to 3 other appliances and you'll be OK, as long as none of them are a huge draw - like a hairdryer. Also be careful if your AC is working overtime - we are supposed to hit 100 degrees in WI this week - then I'd be a little more conservative with the other electronics. Good Luck and have a great time!

Rrloren

I have the 29MK also with only 30 amp, would have gotten 50 amps if I had ordered it but have only kicked out the breaker when most everything was running then the wife plugged in the curling iron.Can't really complain about the 30amp service.