Greystone Fireplace

jdfishing

We are currently on a "shakedown trip" with the new 2013 Bighorn 3010 and have found very few problems or issues, other than my lack of understanding some of the new features. However, we have found the "Greystone" fireplace in the rear entertainment center to be quite noisy. The fan, whether on the 750w or 1500w emits a very noticeable (rumble). The dealer said Heartland recently switched to the Greystone fireplace and wasn't sure if this was typical or an unusual problem with my unit. We had the fireplace option in our 2007 Bighorn and were very pleased with it. Anyone else notice a problem with the Greystones?

donr827

We used ours quite a bit on our May trip to Gettysburg. I did not notice any unusual noise. May have dealer turn on the fireplace heater on another trailer that he might have in stock and see how it sounds.
Don

Westwind

We have that unit in our 2012 Bighorn and it's fairly quiet. It did an excellent job putting out heat this past February when we were in Florida and and had a vew nights that the temps went down to the upper 30's. I had the furnace on but the electric fireplace heater along with the ceiling fan kept the Kitchen-Living Room area nice and comfortable. With the heat rising to the bedroom that was comfortable also.
I would have the dealer check out another unit also and compare it to yours, if it's that noisy I would try to get another unit while it's in warranty.