Electrical problems-trip in 2 days

future3490owner

I just got back from a trip and everything worked fine, until I left. 2012 33ck, upper bedroom slide wont work (had problems with slide before), indicator panel now shows battery as "F", and when I plug in to my house outlet with shore cable reduced to 20a, it trips my house gfci. Same outlet I alaways use. Tried disconnecting battery and rehooking up, still the same. I am leaving in 2 days for a trip and need help fast. Thanks

future3490owner

I had the slide motor replaced october 2011. going to check a few things tonight with proper testing tools. I spoke with heartland on phone, I hope it works.

future3490owner

Update

I found that the slide works, battery was in need of charge. Witch explains the low reading. But it was only low on charge because of my convertor shorting out. Breakers marked "GFI, REC, and CONV" trip my shore cable breaker when turned on. Any ideas

future3490owner

Ok, so everything works fine on the camper when plugged into a regular outlet.....with no gfci breaker/outlet.... :) ...still dont know why the outside outlets are now giving me a problem....i think I might look into having a dedicated outlet ran for the camper...

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just a another thing to consider.
If the GFI is tripping it is seeing something it doesn't like. Could be a loose ground connection in your camper.
I would pull the breaker panel out and check all the connections there. Be sure you are unplugged from shore power before doing this.
Have you used this GFI in the past with your camper?
Do you have any kind of electrical management system in your rig? Some will tell you if there is a problem before the power enters your rig.

Peace
Dave

future3490owner

I have used this gfci protected circuit before. I just used it up until I left for my trip on friday. I even ran an extension to my kitchen witch is also gfci and does the same thing. I opened the panel and everything looked normal as far as no chared wires, I even cut and re-strip the convertor wires to the panel. As far as a wire management system.....not sure what you are asking.

rick_debbie_gallant

I have used this gfci protected circuit before. I just used it up until I left for my trip on friday. I even ran an extension to my kitchen witch is also gfci and does the same thing. I opened the panel and everything looked normal as far as no chared wires, I even cut and re-strip the convertor wires to the panel. As far as a wire management system.....not sure what you are asking.

Not sure if it were I you are referring to. What I am saying is "you may have a bad GFci" I have seen them go bad before. I also believe all of the circuits that need a GFCI are running off the same one. Just a thought that yours may be bad.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We may be talking about two different panels. It sounds like you looked at the 12 volt fuse panel. I am talking about the 120 volt breaker panel. You need to check for loose ground wire there.
The electrical management system I am talking about is a device that monitors your incoming electrical currant. It protects you from under/over voltage as well as it will tell you if there is an open ground or incorrectly wired receptacle. Not to mention surge protection.
Two of these devices are the Progressive Industries EMS and Surge Guard.
When you get the problem solved please come back and let us know what the fix was.

Peace
Dave

future3490owner

My 120v and 12v panel is one unit, it is right by the entrance door to the unit. No I do not have any of those devices you mentioned. I do have one of those outlet testers with the lights on it, and that shows fine. My house kitchen gfci and my outside gfci outlets are not the same circuits, but get same result when plugging in camper to either on. It is my house gfci's that trip when camper is plugged in and any of the 3 camper breakers listed above are turned on.

bowhunt73

I'm certain my issue is unrelated so I'll just give you a FYI relating to an electrical issue that I had. My radio (on AM) sounded like a jet engine with the pitch constantly changing. I also had a lot of interference with my TV when using the antenna. In short, after a bunch of remedies and etc. they upgraded my converter and all my issues are resolved. Dealer told me that my old converter is problematic based on their experience. I am happy to confirm that they were correct. Good luck.