Anyone with a 2500RS

montyb

I've been looking for a small fiver and recently discovered the Sundance 2500RS. Has anyone compared Sundance to Keystone Cougar or Forest River Wildcat. Until now, I liked the wildcat. The standard features on the Sundance make it very attractive.

How accurate are Heartland's hitch weights? The WildCat 24RL has an ad vertised dry hitch weight of 930 vs the Sundance 2500RS 1624. I figure the Wildcat's figures are pie in the sky.

I'm going to be pulling with a 95 GMC 2500HD with a 5.7L (low miles). Mostly going to state parks in the Midwest. Not sure if the 5.7 will be up to it. I'm a little gun shy of a TT. While my wife was driving, we fliped our 2005 Dodge 2500 CTD and 25 Holiday Rambler TT. No one hurt, except our dog. Wanted to wait a while before buying a new Diesel. Wanted the kinks worked out of the trucks requiring the new fuel. Bought the GMC from my brother. Plan to use it until ready to buy new Diesel.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

GB
No Sundance
Westmont, IL

We owned a 2005 Keystone Laredo 2900GS for only 2 years before trading for our 08 Sundance 2900MK. We looked at the Wildcat and thought the Laredo was a better unit. Sad to say, we were wrong. The Sundance is a far superior product and better built than the Keystone products. Really happy with the switch. Can't answer your other questions, but I do know that our 05 Dodge 2500 6 speed diesel pulls the Sundance eazy and with better mileage than the lighter weight Laredo.
Best of luck to you, and have a safe fun camping season.
Liz

bigdawgs

Sundance hitch wts.

We also wondered about the hitch wt on the 2500RS since the brochure shows a hitch wt of 1624 for both the 2500RS and the 2700RL. Guess it's possible.

Montyb,

Hubby & I are also interested in the Sundance 2500RS because of our length restriction. I'm in search of the shortest high-end 5er.

Does anyone know the height of this lil 5er? It's not listed on Heartland's website.

Thanks!

BJ'sDad

IIRC, the Sundance models with the bedroom slide are 11'-10" with the 15 inch wheels and 12' with the upgraded 6K axles and 16 inch wheels.
Don't know if all the Sundance models are the same height, but I would guess they'd all be pretty close to the same height.

dewwood

BJSDad is correct about the height of the sundances. The 25RS and the 27RL however are not available with the 16" tire option, I ordered it on our 27RL and it came with 15" wheels citing unavailability as an option. I believe everything above those sizes in the Sundance line have the option of the 16" wheels. We looked at the 25RS because we also wanted to stay fairly short due to where we often camp but decided to go with the 27RL which gave quite a bit more overall space because of the larger slide. Both are very nice units, we have been very happy with ours.

Good luck with whatever you decide on and Happy Camping!