Satelite TV at Last

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I finally found a hole in the tree canopy that would let my Carryout antenna hit satelites 110 and 119. ;) Used DishPointer AR Pro on my smartphone to find it. I am disappointed in the number of junk channels in the plan, though. Way too many holy-roller, music, and infomercial channels. :mad: Gotta send in the paperwork to get the distant network channels added to our subscription.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay John.. Which service are you using? We have Driectv but not HD. I got tired of trying to find the satellites with the little Winguard screamer. So I bit the bullet and got a Birdog.

I have found the satellite in places no one else could. My antenna is mounted on a tripod so I can move it up to 100ft away.

It works for Dish Network also and you can select only the satellites you want to find.

BC

JohnDar

That's a very nice piece of equipment, Bob, but about $360 more than the app I put on my phone. The app uses the camera in the phone to show where the satelites are in the sky, so you can see if a big tree or Bubba is blocking the signal. DISH works on 110, 119, and 129. Kinda cheezed me off last night when I tried to tune in a Tigers vs. Rangers game on the MLB channel. BLACKED OUT IN YOUR AREA?? WTF??? I'm over 200 miles from Comerica Park and a bit further from Texas.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
That's a very nice piece of equipment, Bob, but about $360 more than the app I put on my phone. The app uses the camera in the phone to show where the satelites are in the sky, so you can see if a big tree or Bubba is blocking the signal. DISH works on 110, 119, and 129. Kinda cheezed me off last night when I tried to tune in a Tigers vs. Rangers game on the MLB channel. BLACKED OUT IN YOUR AREA?? WTF??? I'm over 200 miles from Comerica Park and a bit further from Texas.

It P.O.'s me as well John. I got into it with DISH over local channels. As they explain it to me is that it all has to do with network territory and it's a FCC thing not their rule. I think that even though I'm not at home, my base service is and that I should be able to watch the Tulsa market area. I know I can get the signal, the satalite doesn't care where I'm at. The market areas are crazy. While we were in Gillette I had Denver local channels. :confused:

wildwolfproducts

I feel your pain there, Were 5+ hours away from ST Louis And can't watch the Cards on a lot of games. Blacked out as were local. Give me a brake, We were trying to go to the Game last year cheap tickets for that game was $150.
Wish our winegard Auto Sat would have gotten us up and going last weekend. It showed locked on all three Sats but could not get the receiver to agree with it. Think one limb was blocking me out and could not move forward or backwards to get around it.

Pete

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I assume you checked other channels to make sure the games are blacked out on all channels.
I frequently have some games blacked out on certain channels only to find that the same exact game is available on another channel.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
That's a very nice piece of equipment, Bob, but about $360 more than the app I put on my phone. The app uses the camera in the phone to show where the satelites are in the sky, so you can see if a big tree or Bubba is blocking the signal.

John.. I bought this before the iPhone came out, so technology has caught up and passed me.. I have the iPhone 4. What is the name of the APP? I may try to check it out aso..
Does it work for DirecTV also?

BC

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
John.. I bought this before the iPhone came out, so technology has caught up and passed me.. I have the iPhone 4. What is the name of the APP? I may try to check it out aso..
Does it work for DirecTV also?

BC
Bobcat, John is using DishPointer AR Pro, It might be an app you pay a one time small fee. I've used Satellite AR, it's a free app and works well for me. I'm not exactly sure what DishPointer AR Pro does for the $$. With Satellite AR, I just "search" for Direct TV and it gives you several to choose from. I pick the group of 5 sats.

JohnDar

Bobcat, John is using DishPointer AR Pro, It might be an app you pay a one time small fee. I've used Satellite AR, it's a free app and works well for me. I'm not exactly sure what DishPointer AR Pro does for the $$. With Satellite AR, I just "search" for Direct TV and it gives you several to choose from. I pick the group of 5 sats.

I tried the free Satelite AR, but didn't like the way it worked. With the DP Pro, all of the satelites are displayed in their orbital plane and you move your phone camera around the scenery to see what's in the clear. For a one time $19.99, it works for me. Doing my part to help the economy... one vendor at a time.

What I do like (for free) is the mapping app on my phone. My SiL is renting a place on the lake next month, so I plugged in the address and used it to navigate the pontoon over to it.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey John! I downloaded the Sat finder app and it works great. DH wants to know if there is any word on the Chainsaw App so he can cut down the trees when they are in between him and the Yankees!

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hey John! I downloaded the Sat finder app and it works great. DH wants to know if there is any word on the Chainsaw App so he can cut down the trees when they are in between him and the Yankees!

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

How about the BOSOX App that shows the Sox beating up on the Yanks? - For those times when you are really bored! OK - you can start throwing stuff now, I'm ducking!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
How about the BOSOX App that shows the Sox beating up on the Yanks? - For those times when you are really bored! OK - you can start throwing stuff now, I'm ducking!

Quite honestly Gus I don't throw stuff so there is no need to duck. I have been having lots of fun with Harriet on facebook over the years as she is a huge Boston fan. We have learned to take it as it comes so you don't have to worry........incoming!