Length of awning

chardel

What is the length of the patio awning on a Bighorn 3055 and what brand and model is being used on the 2008's. Wondering if it could easily be converted to a power awning with one of the Carefree arm upgrades or if that would be a waste of time and money as existing awning works just fine? Any comments? Thanks.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
aening upgrade

We had our dealer remove the factory awning and install the Weather Pro by Dometic. We looked into the conversion kit but did not get positive feedback on the kit. It was an expensive switch, about $1500 installed, but well worth it. One draw back with the automatic awning is hanging lights from it can be a problem, especially if it goes up automatically do to high wind. The Weather Pro does real well in the rain, too. The corner tilts when the awning fills with water. It drops about 15 degrees and all the water rolls off. Works great. There is a switch inside the camper, in the basement compartment, and a remote control. Good luck and happy travels.

jimtoo

On our 08 3055 the awning measures 20' overall, arm to arm. That makes the actual cover 19'. I checked into the auto arm conversion also, but I did not find any that are adjustable as to the heigth or the pitch of the awning. They just go out and you cannot adjust to get more shade on the side of the trailer for protection from the morning or evening sun, unless I have not looked in the right place.

Almost forgot, it's A&E by Dometic. Don't know the acutal model.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Pitch and Height

Jimtoo,
You are right, we cannot adjust the height or pitch on the Weather Pro awning on our 3600 BH either. It did not seem to make a difference if we used the conversion kit or put on a totally new system when considering the adjustment of the height or pitch. Because the height is not adjustable the automatic awning is harder to clean off. My extension pole with a brush works real well for cleaning twigs, leaves, etc of the awning.