Adding an Exterior Front Jack Switch

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Our 2011 Landmark, with Level Up, does not have an exterior switch for the front hydraulic legs. I'd like to be able to raise and lower them without accessing the level up controller. We'd like to be able to leave it at a campground in Myrtle Beach this winter so we can go down there a few times and enjoy the milder weather, etc. The campground will move the trailer on and off site, but they need to be able to raise and lower it. Any thoughts on adding a switch so they can operate the legs? (they do not want to, nor do I want them using the Level Up controller - for obvious reasons).

porthole

Retired
Gus, this is easy enough to do and you may even have the wiring already there. If not you just need to add some wire, connectors and a DPDT (double pole-double throw) switch. Plus decide where you want to put the switch.

PM Roger Beasley, I sent him detailed instructions and pictures in a file on how to add it to the LevelUp.

Basically you are doing two things with the switch:
  1. Opening the correct solenoids (not reversing)
  2. Operating the pump motor in forward or reverse (the other half of the switch)

Operating the solenoid allows the fluid to flow, in or out.
Operating the pump dictates which way the fluid flows.

You could if so desired, add a second switch, just an on/off to disable the landing gear switch. Since some of these jack switches are exposed that may be an option for you. Mine is inside a small compartment, so no disconnect switch for it (out of sight - out of mind)

I re-used my original switch from the electric jacks, but any DPDT switch will work.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=191802&viewfull=1#post191802

You can thank Jon Holbert for coming up with this one.