Window Leaks

stevebotts

We have just suffered through Tropical Storm Debby here in Florida. We have a 3 month old Big Horn 3685 and all three of the large sliding windows leaked into the inside tracks. The only way I could stop the problem was to tilt the RV back just a little. Then everything stayed completely dry. Has anyone else had a problem with leaks in the sliding windows and if so did you find the source and how did you fix it. I have not contacted Heartland to take the unit in for warranty service on the windows yet as the rain has just stopped. Also, if we can fix this issue ourselves sure is easier than a trip to a dealer.

Sandpirate69

If you look in the window track, you will find cut thin notches. That's where i have found water to enter, I think. But it works as a drain, IMHO. Is that i's purpose, I don't know. In my other brand of rig, I had to use black sealer to seal the drains because while traveling in heavy storms, water would filter in and wet the interior. My RW305 hasn't had that issue yet and I have traveled through some rough rainy weather. Maybe post a picture to see where the problem is.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Those slits are drains and I personally would not seal them in but make sure they are clear of any debris etc. Perhaps since it was raining so hard, the small drains couldn't keep up?

tmcran

May want to check and be sure the drain slits are on the bottom of the windows . I talked with a owner of a 2012 Cyclone about 2 months ago and he was telling me the windows were installed upside down on his unit. He turned them around himself .

mikeandconnie

My last landmark had a window leaking, when it rained heavy the track would fill up and run down the wall and soaked the carpet. I cleaned the drain out on the bottom of the seal and it did fix the problem. I cleaned all my drains every few months and never had a problem again. We where parked under a tree causing this window drain to clog.