Sewer hose storage area

BigBlue

BigBlue
Has any body found sewer hose fittings that fit in the hose storage compartment. On the monticello, it looks like the diameter of the storage tube is such that the hose is the only thing that will fit. That doesn't seem to convenient to me. It's a lot of trouble to take the fittings off the the hose before storing. Then you still have the problem of storing the fittings someplace.
What are you folks doing?
Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Jim,
I am sure we have the same sewer hose storage and all I do is take the end that goes into the sewer itself off. The end that connects to the trailer stays on. When putting the hose in storage I take off the end that goes into the sewer and put that end into the storage area first and the other end fits into the area. I just close the door put the sewer end into a plastic bag and store in the UDC until next time. It would be nice if somehow both ends of the sewer hose could be stored without taking it apart.

JIMnMICK

Fulltimming Workampers
Hey Jim, I bought a pvc tube from camping world that you can mount under the camper. It comes in different lengths and you can put the hose in it with the ends on it works great for me.:)

BigBlue

BigBlue
Thanks Tom & Jim
I was afraid of that. I was spoiled with the old trailer where I didn't have to take anything off. I have the red screw in connectors so it's a bit of work to take them off and put them back on.
I thought of the pvc tube idea at Menards yesterday. To ensure I had the room I looked at the 6 inch pipe. Boy that's expensive. I'm going to measure to see if 4 inch tube is large enough.
Jim

JIMnMICK

Fulltimming Workampers
Big blue the pvc pipe at campingworld is less than 30$ and it comes with everything and ready to mount. it works great.. Give it a look..:)

jbeletti

Jim,

Here's another vote for the unit CW sells. I bought the longest one and keep a 25' hose with sewer connector. The CW unit has built-in mounting brackets and caps with plastic cord tethers for the caps.

On my Landmark, I mounted it to the ceiling of the storage unit (a couple of pics here). The brackets did not line up perfectly with the aluminum ribs so I used a piece of 6"x7" x 1/4" plywood to span 2 ribs and provide a mounting surface for one of the brackets.

Works great. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Jim

K

Ken Washington

Ken Washington

Thanks Jim, What a great idea! The storage tube Heartland put on is much to short for most hoses.

phranc

Here's how I did the external/undermount hose storage

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=656

K

Ken Washington

Jim,
I am ready to install my sewer line storage that I got at Camping World. Do you still like it in the basement and looking at your pictures, I can't see the plywood that you said that you used to mount to. Both pictures look like you mounted to ribs but mine won't line up like that. I am going with two storage units and want to install them like you did. Any advice will help! Thanks!
Ken

jbeletti

Ken,

I do like mine. I have 2 now. One for the hose and one for other stuff.

I used plywood at one end of each tube for 2 reasons. First, the mounts on each end of the tubes would not line up with the ribs. And second, I wanted some slope towards one end of the tube.

So 1 end of each tube is mounted to a rib. A plywood plate spans t ribs at the other end and the other end of the tubes mount to the plywood plates.

Works great. I used self-tapping screws to mount the tubes to the ribs and the plywood to the ribs.

I must say that I like the under the frame mounts of these tubes and similar ones that other Heartland owners have done. Saw a few nice installs at the rally. One day, I may move my sewer tube to under the frame just to keep the wet hose out of the storage area.

Jim

K

Ken Washington

Thanks Jim, I always flush my tanks first and hang the hose over the hitch to drain and dry while I do other things to get the trailer ready for travel.

Ken

v92c

Texan
At a campground in Texas someone had a hose carrier that was permanently mounted. The hose was attached to the discharge port permanently and it swung out on a hinge. It was a hard PVC pipe, I assumed it had a hose inside it. I havent been able to find them anywhere for sale. But it looked cool.

andy

I just mounted the end that goes into the sewer on a 18in piece of flex with a coupler on the other end that i can mount on either piece an i store it in a plastic container with my other spare sewer pieces