Macerator pump

vrugt

I plan to use a macerator pump to empty my (3600RL) tanks in an auxiliary tank on my tow vehicle (2008 F350) and subsequently take the waste to the camping dump. Now I need a simple tank (45 gallon or so) for my TV. I don't want to buy one of those fancy ones with wheels etc. just something simple, light and strong enough for the purpose. Any suggestions?

nhunter

I bought a 20gal fresh water tank from an RV store. You can always buy a bigger on. 20gal cost $100cdn and they put in whatever fittings you need.

happyrover

Extra Tanks

I got some extra 6 gallon tanks from my son-in-law who works at the airport. They came with washing solution in them for aircraft. They worked as well as anything else, and they were FREE. You might try some car washes or truck stops that wash vehicles. I used them for the black tanks and just rinsed them with the grey or fresh water. They are easier to store than bigger tanks. Good Luck.

phranc

I got a nice clean 55 gal polyethylene drum from a local car wash. It has the standard bungs .... cost... 10 bucks

vrugt

Thank you all for your suggestions! I'll let you know what I end up with.
By the way as macerator pump I got the portable FloJet. It runs on 12 V DC which I get from a portable Power-on-board unit (about $40 at Sam's club. That unit will start a Ford Super Duty V10 with a dead battery, has a 260 psi air pump and an emergency light. Highly recommended)