Landmark at Diamond Lake Oregon

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We are staying at Diamond Lake RV Resort in Oregon this week in our BH3670. We spent a day (the 21st) wandering around the Rally in Redmond and decided that we wouldn't buy one of those high dollar motorhomes even if we could! We like what we have.

Back in the campground a Landmark pulled in on the 22nd and left on the 23rd. I took a walk by it a couple of times, but they weren't outside. I figured they had come from the rally and were tired of dealing with a crowd of people like the 5000 or so RV's in Redmond last week.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hi Ziggy,
I was wondering how well your 2500HD pulls the 3670 Bighorn?

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We added air bags, and Edge chip, and an exhaust temp gauge as well as the Prodigy brake control and it pulls and stops fine. We've gone over some steep mtns and through central CA traffic in the June heat (90-100 degrees) and still averaged 12 mpg. We tend to travel with min. liquid weight and we haven't loaded the trailer with stuff in every storage place. It is scary how much you can pack into this trailer if you want to. We just don't need to carry that much stuff!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
And another Landmark arrives!

Yesterday another Landmark came in at Diamond Lake RV Resort. I haven't caught up with them yet and probably won't since we are leaving tomorrow.

5erWonk

Hi Ziggy,

We're heading towards Bend today from Hood River, will probably be at Crown Villa for a couple days then plan to head south on Cascade Lakes highway, how are the crowds down that way.

Anybody have any suggestions for places along Cascade Lakes?

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome to the area. We haven't stayed up that way other than at Diamond Lake. The park we were in was full every night, but there was room in the State Campground during the week. Spaces in the state campground aren't really big enough for our 3670.

Good luck with your trip and no matter where you stay it will be beautiful.

Kristy

5erWonk

Hey Ziggy,

We just pullled in to Diamond Lake, decided to hit Crater Lake on the way back to CA.....Didn't see Heartlands here so you must have moved on.

Nice place, great people running the place.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hey! Can we pick campgrounds or what? We have been home for awhile, but are heading out to Valley of The Rogue RV park this weekend. Unfortunately we can only stay out for two days since we aren't retired or independently wealthy. :rolleyes:

Though we aren't at Diamond Lake now, our brother and sister - in - law are. They are in the Everest up next to the laundry room. If they are out when you go by, tell them we said Hi.

Enjoy Crater Lake. If you haven't seen it before, you will be amazed at how blue it is.

Kristy and Mark