Big Country 3690 Bedroom A/C excessive vibration.

alanfred

While looking at B/C 3690 the Bedroom 2nd A/C while operating cause a terrible rumble. This seemed to resonate in the bathroom. Is this normal? Has anyone experienced this? Also, is the 2nd A/C necessary? We don't plan on staying anywhere where the temperature is greater than 80 deg.

jnbhobe

I am told that the front low-pro AC's are loud. Thats what has held me back from ordering one, I did hear of someone adding rubber pads under the compressor and it quieted down. I still want to hear of other fixes before I buy.

Brandon.Prewitt

I don't notice the vibrations with mine. It is a little loud on its own, but I can't sleep when it's off since I'm used to it. I can tell you, in West Texas, the big one can't keep up. Without it we wouldn't make it.

Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it all the time, but when you need it you'll be glad you have it.

Also I haven't tried it but was told a smaller generator can run the bedroom AC.

The one is the livingroom is so loud and annoying, I turn it off sometime and only run the bedroom one in the evenings.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
We have the 3690 with the front AC. So glad we have it. It cools the bedroom down so quickly and has really helped out lately. We're trying to follow nice weather, but the hot weather has been following us.

I notice a vibration from both ACs, but I'm sensitive to vibration and sound. The vibrations are more noticeable if you're in the slide. I've gotten pretty used to it.

JDBob35a

We had the same thing with the bedroom AC on our 2013 Big Horn, our '08 Big Horn was much quieter. Called the dealer and they done some checking and found out there was an issue with the Dometic front AC units, they ended up coming over and installing some kind of kit in the AC unit, it's a LOT better now. Not sure what all the kit consisted of as I was at work when the dealer was at the house installing it. But whatever it was Dometic was aware of the issue and took care of it. Might give the dealer or Dometic a call and see if you have the same thing going on.

donr827

We had the same problem in our Bighorn and the kit that Dometic sent was basically softer rubber grommets for the compressor.
Don

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
OUr 2nd a/c was installed from the dealer before we picked up the unit new, anotherwords not factory installed. We went thru the dealer because we wanted the bedroom unit with a heat strip which you could not order at the time from the factory. This will make the 3rd coach we have done this with and would do it again. Yes, it's a little bit noisier than the main unit but having the heat strip in colder weather and having a way to keep the noisy neighbor chattering late night at bay is worth it.