Sound not working

Sandie

We have just had our Elkridge since the end of January and our tv is already on the blink. NO VOLUME... It is not a Jensen, it is a Sony...why? I have no idea why ours is different from everyone elses but it is. Is this covered under warranty? We want to go and just buy a new one and I'm hoping the warranty will reimburse us. Why did this have to happen on a Saturaday when you can get no answers from your service dept being they are not open.

Miller0758

I take it this is a new issue and it previously had sound? If so, check your audio settings on your TV. You may have changed a setting to send your audio to an output rather than your internal speaker, or perhaps to your surround sound? Usually these issues are not that complex and certainly not a reason to buy a new TV. Good luck.

danemayer

Hi Sandie,

Sorry to hear your TV is malfunctioning. We hope for the best, but things to break and that's why there are warranties. Generally speaking, the appliances in your trailer are warranted by their respective manufacturers, not by Heartland. If you bought the trailer new less than a year ago, the TV should be covered by the Sony warranty. It's possible you might get directed to take it to a Sony TV authorized repair shop, or the TV might be replaced with the same model. It's not likely you would be given money to help offset cost of a new purchase. You'll need a copy of the proof of purchase that shows the date you bought the trailer.

If you have the Sony manual (if you don't you can download it from sony.com) it will have a page that details warranty coverage and how to get the TV repaired. You could also call Heartland Customer Service to get contact information.

You might want to take a few minutes and make sure none of the TV setting got changed or cables came loose without your realizing it.

Sandie

Well actually what happened was... it was working fine for about an hour this morning, then the volume went really loud and my hubby went to lower it on the controller and that was it ... it went out, now nothing.

Sandie

Just looked up info for our tv which is a Sony Bravia and the are recalls on all the 40 inch models but our is a 32 but still!!!!! Being recalled for faulty wiring that has caused fires? Really???? Oh this makes me feel a whole lot better.

danemayer

Just looked up info for our tv which is a Sony Bravia and the are recalls on all the 40 inch models but our is a 32 but still!!!!! Being recalled for faulty wiring that has caused fires? Really???? Oh this makes me feel a whole lot better.

You can probably rest easy. Having spent 35 years with a very large corporation, I can tell you that when there's a safety issue leading to a recall, among other things (like preventing fires), the company tries hard to limit their liability. If they had similar issues with wiring on your model, and didn't recall it, tort lawyers would be very happy and Sony employees would be very unhappy.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
If the trailer is under the one year warranty, a call to Heartland to get a replacement may be the way to go. Seems like we had issues with our tv sound when we got it... After a few trips we took it in to a dealer for various warranty repairs, and HL replaced the tv. (it is a Jensen... Wish it was Sony!)

Sandie

It's so strange, the sound is back now. I have no idea what or why this happened. It's been off all day and I just tried it and it's on now. Been so aggravated about it today....need to take a deep breath and hope for the best. I will however mention this to our service dept though.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sandie, yes talk to your dealer about it....but...call HL and get them in the loop. Call Sony and tell them. After all, Sony will be paying the bill.

jbeletti

Just a guess but it may be time for the firmware to be flashed. I suggest contacting Heartland to find out who the distributor of the Sony TV is. They sell a lot of them and they will likely know if there's an issue and maybe can be helpful on a repair.

I say this, thinking back to the Jensen mysterious Power On issue a few years back. A firmware flash was the fix there and ASA (the distributor) was the ones who handled sending out the firmware flash boxes to product owners and dealers.

Worth a shot.