2012 San Antonio

blkdodge

I dont have any 110 volt power at the outlet for the refrig. or the front curbside outlet outside. I checked the GFCI in the bedroom and it all works. All other outlets work. The frig will not run on 110 only propane. I have looked everywhere for another GFCI and cant find one. Am I missing one? Hidden? Or i'm thinking the worst, these two outlet are not wired. I always put the frig on auto so I'm not really sure it but right now I think it has always run on propane. ANY IDEAS??

Thanks
David

jbeletti

David,

Please check the outlet below the counter by the sink. If there's no power there, then my guess is that the GCI outlet in the bathroom is not passing power to the output terminals.

If there is power at that counter outlet, then you'll have to troubleshoot deeper. I'd start that by making a call to Heartland (877-262-8032) to find the order the outlets on the GFI circuit are wired in.

Another place to check is inside the junction box outside, under the slide, mounted to the frame rail, where the AC wiring is spliced for the slide.

jnbhobe

Check for a GFI in the bathroom thats where they usually are. Or if you can only find one pull it from the wall and check for a wire pulled out.

dave10a

I found three loose wire nuts in my San Antonio. One for the DC for the bedroom lights and two for the AC in the junction boxes in the Slides. Both AC wire nuts got hot and burnt the wireing so bad I had to trim back the insulation to get un-tempered copper to install new wire nuts. Also I had two front clearance lights wired backwards. It seems like Heartland was a little rushed when wiring my unit.

blkdodge

Well after calling customer service and explaining the issue. They told me they would call the factory and call me back shortly. Well 6hrs later I never heard anything. I started looking everywhere for j-boxes or GFCI outlets. What I found after i pulled the drawer open from under the frig. was a J-box, and low and behold I grabbed the hot line and the two seperated. All wire nuts were extremely loose, I tightened all wire nuts and frig now works on A/C voltage. Now for the right/curb side outside outlet.

Thanks for all your suggestions
David

jbeletti

David,

Glad you got the refer back on. I didn't know about the j-box under the refer behind the drawer - great find and thanks for sharing.

When you say "right side" - I don't know which side you mean. We commonly refer to sides as DS for Door Side or ODS for Off Door Side. In any event, both slides have a flexible line with stranded wire in it in the slide wire hanger that makes a transition back to Romex at the frame in a j-box under the slides. I have had an issue in my San Antonio in the DS frame mounted j-box with a wire nut. My theory was that when the red wire was stripped, the copper was scored too deeply and over time, the wire cracked through and created a discontinuity. I restripped and reconnected that wire and all was good. I also used a larger (gray) wire nut on that set of wires.

dave10a

What training/qualifications do the workers at Heatland get? My wire nut were not properly installed and it looks like others peoples may not be either. Improper installation or wireing can be dangerous and could result into fire and liability for Heartland.

jbeletti

Dave,

Can't answer your question. Hundreds of thousands of wire nuts have been placed since 2004.

blkdodge

Jim
It is the door side, exterior outlet that is located just above the propane door. I took the bottom dresser door out and found all the wiring but not a J-Box, YET. Getting the frig. working was more important. I will continue my search and will report back as to where I find another hidden J-Box.

Thanks to all for the thoughts and ideas on this matter
David

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Jim
It is the door side, exterior outlet that is located just above the propane door. I took the bottom dresser door out and found all the wiring but not a J-Box, YET. Getting the frig. working was more important. I will continue my search and will report back as to where I find another hidden J-Box.

Thanks to all for the thoughts and ideas on this matter
David
I think that receptacle is switched. You should have a switch labeled 'Awning Receptacle'.
Is the switch on?

Peace
Dave

dave10a

Dave,

Can't answer your question. Hundreds of thousands of wire nuts have been placed since 2004.

If I was a manager at Heartland I would be very concern that those "hundreds of thousands" were being installed by assemblers that were properly trained. In otherwords I would be on the floor doing what I could to make sure things were being done properly. Inspection is a wonderful thing that keeps you out of harms way... :) Inspection is cheap compared to warrenty and liabilty costs.

blkdodge

OK I'm gonna MAN-UP and claim my stupidity. One of the two doorside outlets is switched from the main control panel. This is a good thing now that I dont have to go on another seak and find mission. That being said one would think that customer service should have known this or aleast thought of suggesting it. JUST SAYIN.

Thanks to ALL
David