Luv Shac going to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia Canada

Princess Kathleen

Heading to Canada

We are heading to Canada in the morning. We will spend about 10 days in New Brunswick. Taking in all the lobster we can find. Then we are going on to Nova Scotia. Overall we will be in this area for 3 weeks. So, if you see the Luv Shac, give us a wave. :D

PK

ct0218

We were just in St. John, NB, a few days ago. Really nice, cool, and somewhat foggy because of the proximity to the Bay of Fundy. Jim's right about the lobster--we gorged ourselves at a local lobster house. Have fun!

Princess Kathleen

You know we are orginally from Louisiana where we have petite lobsters (crawfish), so we always pig out when the crawfish are in season. Now to taste their big brothers and sisters.....look out Canada and lobsters here we come....

PK

ct0218

Very similar taste compared to the spiny lobster from the Gulf, but big tasty claws like a stone crab. Not cheap there though, partly because of the exchange rate. The first lb was $26, the next 1/2 lb $9, etc. A 2 lb lobster filled me up. We were also near the cruise ship dock, so I'm sure that the price would be cheaper away from there. I'm sure that the more remote fishing villages along the coast should be even better. I did notice that shrimp was $18/lb at a market in town center, and fuel was costing about 1/4 more than here. Enjoy your trip.

C

Chulinw

If you could have made the trip to Halifax the last week of June and up to July 4th they have a show Tatoo in Halifax and it is great show and the cost you spend is worth every penny. They have a Saturday market in Halfax also and you will really enjoy going to it and taste the great food and fresh Vegies, fruits and meets that are available is out of the world. Have safe trip and many happy camping days.

nhunter

While you are there you should drive over the Confederation Bridge (longest bridge over open water in the world- 14km) into PEI. Well worth the short drive to see the red dirt. The reversing falls in St. John were neat as were the Hope well rocks, bay of Fundy and Shediac home of the worlds biggest lobster. Is also Canada's only officially bilingual province.
I am sure you found this already but here is a link. We had a blasthttp://www.tourismnewbrunswick.ca/en-CA/HNPlacesToGo/HNPlacesToGo.htm

nhunter said:
While you are there you should drive over the Confederation Bridge (longest bridge over open water in the world- 14km) into PEI. Well worth the short drive to see the red dirt. The reversing falls in St. John were neat as were the Hope well rocks, bay of Fundy and Shediac home of the worlds biggest lobster. Is also Canada's only officially bilingual province.
I am sure you found this already but here is a link. We had a blasthttp://www.tourismnewbrunswick.ca/en-CA/HNPlacesToGo/HNPlacesToGo.htm

If you really like bridges you need to head way down south to New Orleans and drive over the Causeway Bridge. It is the longest bridge in the world with 24 miles of it over water (its a lake so I guess it is not considered open water).

Princess Kathleen

Well, we finally made it to Sediac at 12:45 am. We had a blow out on Trans Can 2 at the 197 km marker....good sam came out and changed and we were on our merry way to get a new tire in Fredericton (sp???)but all tire dealer ships were closed (5:00 pm). So DH said we can do this....so off we go at the 355 km marker a second tire blew...no spare, but good sam found someone who happened to have a tire we could borrow to get off the road. At 9:45 pm the repair guy showed up with 2 new tires, mounted took all our money, not for the tires but for the surcharges...fuel and after hour calls...we made to Shediac, but they rented out our spot to another person so we boondocked...then left this morning. DH discovered that we have E rated not G rated tires....and we have to leave in the morning to another campground...keep the Luv Shak in good thoughts as we conquer the N.B. area...

PK

ct0218

Not a good way to start a trip. Isn't your coach a Grand Canyon? I was thinking that all of the Landmarks came with G rated tires because of their weight. Hopefully your luck will improve, might want to check on the tire rating.