Awesome Tripod!

CTD2005

My wife ordered the TV4RV tripod for me to use while we are out in the 5th wheel. Wow :D It made all the difference in the world. With this tripod it is a breeze to setup the dish. I setup a Directv Slimline swm3 HD dish. It worked perfect and was very easy. I used dishpointer.com for the dish info and followed the instructions that came with the tripod. Anyone who is having trouble with a standard tripod, these things will change your train of thought about dreading the process of setting it up.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Not sure if they've changed, but the first tripod we got from TV4RV had a plastic top which cracked. Found out Home Depot carried the same exact tripod, but the top is steel. The key is that little guy that mounts on the top to put your mast on. Also had the piece that swivels break, which TV4RV carried -- $10 fix vs. starting over.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We use the same tripod. Mine has a hard top, not metal but solid. I also use the settings from Directv . Also use the settings from Dishpointer . Just downloaded the Dishpointer App for iPhone. Will see how it works when we move on Monday. I also have the Birdog to tune the satellite in.

One thing I found out about the tripod. if you set the legs out and keep it fairy low the wind has a lot less effect on it. I have only once had to set it up high to access the satellite. I will also use a couple of crossed stakes in the ground and connect a cord to a pully to help keep it set up in a heavy wind.

Tallest setup because of trees in Maine. Satellite is really low to the horizion.
Tripod.jpg

BC