How is the route to Allentown PA..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
With all the weather causing problems I was looking to see if there are any problems along the route we plan to take to New Tripoli PA. These are the 3 trips we will be taking. Are these routes open or any closures due to weather.

Richmond IN on I-70 to Cambridge OH,

Cambridge OH on I-70 & I-79 to Pittsburg then hwy 22 to Duncansville PA

Duncansville PA on hwy 22 to Harrisburg PA then I-78 to New Tripoli PA.

Also what is hwy 22 like from Duncanville PA to Harrisburg PA. Is it mountain roads or just curvey?

BC

porthole

Retired
Can't help you on that route Bob other then to say you will be going right past where we had the PA rally a few weeks ago. Where are you heading after New Tripoli?

berky

I was camping at Prince Gallitzin State Park, 1/2 hour or so from Duncansville. Came home on US22 to I99. Suprisingly big mountain between Cresson and Duncansville. About a 1500' elevation change at 6% or so grade. Made it OK with my wimpy 5.3L pulling 7000#. The rougher part was going down the east side, definitely steeper than I was expecting, so be careful.

That particular ridge extends from pretty much I76 to beyond I80. I76 over that ridge is easier than US22.

Not clear how you're going from Duncansville to Harrisburg. I99 south to I76, then east to Harrisburg? I76 east of I99 has some grades, but not as bad as that one on US22.

If you take I76, the best service plaza by far is Sideling Hill. Plenty of room for your rig.

Do not take take I76 and I83 around the south and east sides of Harrisburg. NOT trailer friendly interstates in that section. Exit I76 at US11 (Carlisle) and take the short hop on US11 to I81. Also a few truck stops at that exit, IIRC.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Can't help you on that route Bob other then to say you will be going right past where we had the PA rally a few weeks ago. Where are you heading after New Tripoli?

My Granddaughter is going to be competing in a national competition in Thackerville PA. I have reservations in the KOA in New Tripoli for a week.

BC