Programing a new remote for BC3250

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I am going to be programing a new remote for my BC 3250. After talking with Ryan at HL, to access the "brain" (behind the control panel) it seems I have to remove the cabinet facing to get to screws that hold the control panel in place:confused:
32126-Clipart-Illustration-Of-An-Expressive-Yellow-Smiley-Face-Emoticon-With-One-Big-Eye-Stresse.jpg
Any BC3250 owners out there that have done the brain reprogram? Any tips or short cuts?

Thanks!!

Lance

lduguay

Ok, apparently no ones had this challenge yet.....but someone will, some day!

HL called and new remote is in the mail. So, I stop by storage to take a look at the upcoming "job". Instead of peeling the cabinet facing off, I did a "exploratory" look by pulling the switches on control panel off to peek behind the panel wall......all I could see was wiring....no remote brain:confused::confused:

I REALLY DO NOT want to pull my cabinets apart if it is NOT there! Next step is to get a dental mirror to see if the brain is attached to the backside of panel itself. Does anybody know for SURE??

MODERATOR....maybe this thread could be moved to "Ask the Factory"?

I am STILL open to suggestion from my favorite forum!

danemayer

Sounds like you're going to pioneer this for the forum.

Not sure who Ryan at Heartland is but maybe a 2nd opinion is in order. I'd call back, tell them what you've seen so far, and ask them to recheck.

lduguay

Lol....Me.....pioneer:confused::confused: Now THAT'S funny!!

And the sad part is that the "brain" is probably in a different location for every model. Saw an earlier post for a 3450 and Bryan W's response was that it was behind an air intake vent.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! (me screaming). :rolleyes:

I will figure it out and then ALL 3250 owners will be SAVED!!!! :cool:

lduguay

Latest UPDATE!

Gave HL Cust Service another call......this guy said the "brain" IS behind the control panel on the 3250 and that I should be able to access it from the TOP!! It makes sense as there is a shelf above the control panel......that certainly is better than pulling the cabinets apart!!!!!

I will see tonight on way home from the JOB. :cool:

Every Day IS an ADVENTURE when it comes to RV's
smiley-face-grin.jpg

lduguay

****FINAL UPDATE****

The "brain" is NOT BEHIND the Control Panel......it is ABOVE and Behind wall at back of cupboard!!!

After removing "stuff" from shelf above Control Panel, I could see the 2 screws on back wall....pretty obvious now!!

Removed the 2 screws, pulled wall out and TA DAAAA!! See pics below.

This sure beats pulling cabinets apart like first customer service person said to do!:(
The 2nd CS guy steered me the right direction.....it is ALWAYS good to ask for a 2nd opinion before pulling stuff apart! :cool:

photo1.JPGphoto2.JPGphoto3.JPG

lduguay

Not yet, new remote is in the mail.

HL sent a manual and the process is very similar to programming a garage door opener.....so even I should be able to get the job done!!:cool:

And, for those who may ask, the manual says 2 remotes can be programmed. ;)

lduguay

Cool Lance! So, did you get it programmed for the new remote?

UPDATE: I programmed the remote this morning. Easy!!! (Once you find the BRAIN:eek:)
Press & Hold the button on the brain, turn the remote on and press & release the "light" button on remote.
You will hear a "click" from the brain.......your done!

EXCEPT for the TITLE on each "function"......I had to remember the order of functions since the brain is not labeled.....
Now WHAT WAS the order:eek::confused: Sooooo, I headed to the Heartland website and viewed the Remote Control Video!!
Follow the Remote instructions (available on the forum) for programming and your good to go!!

Function 1 = Slides
Function 2 = Front Landing Gear
Function 3 = Rear Stabilizers
Function 4 = Awning