ATF: Big Country - Awning hanging up!

It takes about 4 times of pushing the "Extend Awning" switch to get my electric awning all the way out. It will go about 18' and stop and pushed again will go another 18' or so and as I repeat this process I am able to get it all the way out. This has just started happening, it used to go out all the way with one time holding the switch down. I put a little oil on each of the ends and that seamed to help some, but it's still not going out with one push of the switch. The unit is under warranty until July 28th 2012. Is this normal? Thanks Don

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It takes about 4 times of pushing the "Extend Awning" switch to get my electric awning all the way out. It will go about 18' and stop and pushed again will go another 18' or so and as I repeat this process I am able to get it all the way out. This has just started happening, it used to go out all the way with one time holding the switch down. I put a little oil on each of the ends and that seamed to help some, but it's still not going out with one push of the switch. The unit is under warranty until July 28th 2012. Is this normal? Thanks Don

No, it is not normal. While under warranty, my motor fried itself. Contact Dometic and Heartland simultaneously to get your problem documented. In my case, it took Heartland lighting a fire under Dometic's butt to get it taken care of properly.

Bob Vaughn

I do not understand...are you holding the switch and it is only going 18"? Ask some one to watch the anti-billowing arm and see if it is catching on something?