Cracks in exterior fiberglass 2 spots

drjbb

brownie
I have just discovered a crack in the fiberglass on my bighorm 3055 2008. There is one crack at the corner on the bedroom slide running from the rear of slide to the basement door . Another crack on the other side at the front of the trailer door side but bottom corner door side. A friend had to have his Landmark frame strenghtened will I have to also and how can I tell if this is needed??
Doug

Garry & Bev

travel bug
I have just discovered a crack in the fiberglass on my bighorm 3055 2008. There is one crack at the corner on the bedroom slide running from the rear of slide to the basement door . Another crack on the other side at the front of the trailer door side but bottom corner door side. A friend had to have his Landmark frame strenghtened will I have to also and how can I tell if this is needed??
Doug

Send a message to DougLynne (Doug Ollis) Alberta chapter leader. He had a similar problem with his Big Horn 3055rl 2007. They took it to Goshen and Heartland redid the whole front cap for him. I am sure Doug would be happy to answer your questions.
Garry & Bev

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Take a photo of it and send it to Heartland Customer Service. They can advise you what to do.

I have just discovered a crack on the body at the front bottom corner of my front slide on my 2009 3250 Big Country. It opens up when I set it on the fifth whell hitch of my truck and the hitch is supporting the weight. When I put the jacks down, it closes up. Is there anyone who can help me with who to contact and numbers to call. There is obviously a frame or hitch support problem here.

jmgratz

I have just discovered a crack on the body at the front bottom corner of my front slide on my 2009 3250 Big Country. It opens up when I set it on the fifth wheel hitch of my truck and the hitch is supporting the weight. When I put the jacks down, it closes up. Is there anyone who can help me with who to contact and numbers to call. There is obviously a frame or hitch support problem here.

Sounds to me as though you might have a cracked frame. I would take some photos and contact Heartland Customer Service. Be prepared with you vin number when you call to provide your vin and email photos.

danemayer

Hi skidaddy20,

A picture or two showing the the crack would go a long way toward getting useful answers on the forum.

Your 2009 would be long out of warranty, but some people have had out of warranty problems like this addressed by Lippert and/or Heartland. You can always call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 with your Vin # and ask them about it. I'd expect they will also ask for pictures and may suggest taking it to a dealer for evaluation.

Thanks for the quick replies. I will be calling tomorrow.
Hi skidaddy20,

A picture or two showing the the crack would go a long way toward getting useful answers on the forum.

Your 2009 would be long out of warranty, but some people have had out of warranty problems like this addressed by Lippert and/or Heartland. You can always call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 with your Vin # and ask them about it. I'd expect they will also ask for pictures and may suggest taking it to a dealer for evaluation.

jmgratz

FYI - Although the RV carries the Heartland brand most of the components are manufactured by others. That is the frame is made by Lippert Components Inc (LCI), the axles are made by either Dexter or Lippert (depending on when the unit was made), tires by another manufacturer, stove, refrigerator awning microwave by Dometic, etc. Heartland puts it all together and manufactures the sidewalls, floors, roof etc. The furniture is someone else too. So I guess what I am saying is keep that in mind when trying to get things fixed, looking for parts etc.

danemayer

Not real familiar on the use of this forum. Can you tell me how to send him a message?
If you mean Lippert or one of the other suppliers, the contact info is listed on the left side of the Portal Page on this forum. I'd suggest using the phone to contact them. You probably also have a label stuck on the inside of one of your cabinet doors with supplier phone numbers.

If you mean how to send a private message to another poster, click on their userid and on the left side of the new page, you'll see "Send Private Message."

Actually I was referring to Gary and Bev. They suggested I send Douglynne (Doug Ollis) a message since he had the similiar problem. I just didn't know how to look up someone else like that.
If you mean Lippert or one of the other suppliers, the contact info is listed on the left side of the Portal Page on this forum. I'd suggest using the phone to contact them. You probably also have a label stuck on the inside of one of your cabinet doors with supplier phone numbers.

If you mean how to send a private message to another poster, click on their userid and on the left side of the new page, you'll see "Send Private Message."

danemayer

At the top of the screen, click on your own userid. On the next screen, left side, look for "Send a Private Message." On the next screen, in the recipient box, slowly type DougLynne. If you type slowly, after you get to the 'L' it should display their userid which you can select. Then type your message and submit.