info

jmiller

Hello I am new to the forum and am curious about a couple things, I am taking delivery of my new sundance 3300 ck in August, I live in Kodiak AK, I currently own a 2010 chevrolet 2500 HD crew cab short box with the duramax, I purchased the reese 16K hitch with custom install brackets (nonslider). Also does anyone use a similar truck to to this 5,er and how does it perform. Stock allison with, DPF and egr deleted, H&S minimax only use the 60HP tune and full turbo back exhaust with S&B cold air intake. I am curious if this truck will handle this much of a load.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
jmiller, Welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family. You won't have any issues with your trucks capabilities. Are you using gauges to monitor exhaust temps? That might be the only concern. Enjoy your new Sundance!

jmiller

Thank you, absolutely, the minimax will monitor all engine parameters, i always monitor EGT, Boost, rail pressure and throttle percentage, I am kinda nervous, I have vever towed anything of this size. It seems like the truck is more than capable of handling this but I just want to be sure that the driver is. I am installing air bags, and I am gonna get the ride height at or above six inches. any other info would be greatly apprciated.

Rrloren

I pull a 2900 mk with the truck and mods in my sig. No problems whatsoever , and as suggested gauges are good to have , I monitor EGT , Boost , Trans Temp, Regen status.
Ave. around 13mpg under most conditions. Good luck with your new unit.