Tow vehicle question

tcfake613

Just picked up a 2012 F-350. I have a couple of questions. I'm ordering the B&W turnover ball sub assembly. Anyone know of a best price place to procure this hitch?

Also, since this truck did not come with the fifth wheel prep package, I would like to locate the wiring connector to the left side of the bed. Anyone know of where I can get the harness assembly for this project?

Thanks in advance.

rick_debbie_gallant

Try looking on Craig's list. I found my B&W there and am in the process of selling my pullrite super glide, or is it slide. good luchk

dave10a

Just picked up a 2012 F-350. I have a couple of questions. I'm ordering the B&W turnover ball sub assembly. Anyone know of a best price place to procure this hitch?

Also, since this truck did not come with the fifth wheel prep package, I would like to locate the wiring connector to the left side of the bed. Anyone know of where I can get the harness assembly for this project?

Thanks in advance.

etrailer.com has a kit that is compatible for your truck. Don't forget to use dielectric grease-- the instruction don't mention it. Ford should have used it on you bumper hitch. If you don't use it you will have intermittant error messages :)

http://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Hopkins/40167.html

trvlrerik

I got mine at Tweetys. After I got mine I have noticed I have seen them posted of "for sale boards" at several livestock related web sites and sale facilitiies. You do not often see B/W stuff for sale, people are often trading their current hitch looking for a B/W set up.

sjs731

I bought my B & W Companion from our Heartland dealer. They don't carry the hitch but were more than willing to get it. They also beat everybody whom I called for price. I absolutely love it and it will be the brand I always use.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tcfake613

Dave10.... you da man... that's the connector assembly I was looking for. I was on etrailer earlier today but for the life of me, could not find that part.

As far as the B&W, I just need the assembly that mounts on the frame. I have the Companion fifth wheel assembly that I'll be saving from the truck I sold. Tweetys has them for $399. That seems to be the going rate. So far best price is $369 from sdtrucksprings.com.... shipped. I'm one of those B&W cult followers that someone was talking about. One of the best designed products I ever owned.

Thanks for the replies everyone.