2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2013 North American Rally

Jim,

Donna and I were planning on getting there a week before the start of the rally. If you need help with anything let us know.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Trace, You know we are going to Goshen. But we will probably be leaving earlier than you and Teri. We can talk about it at Quartzsite in January.

Neil

Neil,
We're somewhat flexible, since we will already be in Kanab. I am going to try to travel with Art & Teresa, also.

Like you said, we can start planning in Quartzsite. Trace

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: 2013 Goshen Rally - General Discussion Thread

I nominate Al to be the golf cart wrangler again, since he did such a great job in Gillette . :) Trace

jbeletti

Jim,

Donna and I were planning on getting there a week before the start of the rally. If you need help with anything let us know.

Hi Al,

I'd like to see you on Kevin's "Check-in and Parking" team. I'd like to have Donna help me in the foods area. Along with Mark Comer and his posse :)

I'll b in touch :)

jbeletti

the only problem with having the pre rally at another capmground would be having to move a bunch of rigs at least twice. Who makes site assignments for the fairground?

Pre-rally location has been decided - we will pre-rally at the Elkhart County 4H Fairgrounds in Goshen, Indiana - same venue as our rally. Pre-rally will be June 11-17 with the rally dates being June 18-23.

jbeletti

I think Y'all should cut loose and get that smart phone Wayne. Even I did. We are going to plan a round of golf in Goshen on 6-17, I believe it will be, and I expect you to play, Hogan's already in along with a couple more. Maybe we can do the same foursome from Gulf Shores. I will post more after registration and see how many we can get out

Gerry - if I haven't already rooked you into this (I forget) - can I twist your arm to be in charge of coordinating a pre-rally golf outing? If so, get hold of me to talk about dates. I have other pre-rally items I am planning and I want to minimize overlap to the extent possible so those who want to, get to do as much as they can.

jbeletti

...QUESTION: Is there a way to have a mass text go out to notify that we may need to check email for the notice for those that might be camping in an area that has no wifi and need to find a place to check emails. Or perhaps a list of "hey, somebody text me so I don't miss the sign ups"....

Hi Nita!

We NEED you and Wayne in Goshen - so just make it happen :)

Negative on the mass text messages. A lot of Chapter Leaders (CL) get on the horn immediately to their members encouraging them to get logged in and registered. Not all CLs do this and not all can do this.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired

I posted a few days ago about a golf outing and have 6 or 7 golfers already although I really can't do a lot until around April or May. I will start a post sometime about then with more info. It has to be On Monday, the 17th, preferably in the morning, since I don't arrive until the 16th. We did talk about that a little at the Michigan Rally as you were twisting my arm in a different direction :)

Re: EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/18/2013 to 6/23/2013

I would love to post a badge about the Goshen rally on my camping blog if you have one. :D

jbeletti

Re: EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/18/2013 to 6/23/2013

I would love to post a badge about the Goshen rally on my camping blog if you have one. :D

Please post a link to an example of a badge for some past rally/event so I can see a real sample of what you'd like. Maybe we could have something developed by a club member.

BlogPaws2011-GoingBadge-Alums-160x160.gif

If we had something like this, anyone with a traveling/camping/RVing blog can post the event on their blog with a link to the Heartland Forum thread/page announcing the upcoming rally.

GETnBYE

Gerry, We probably will be pulling in late on Monday, IF we get to come to the rally so golf won't work this time. Do good to do the computer and texting, no smart phone, not yet.

I think Y'all should cut loose and get that smart phone Wayne. Even I did. We are going to plan a round of golf in Goshen on 6-17, I believe it will be, and I expect you to play, Hogan's already in along with a couple more. Maybe we can do the same foursome from Gulf Shores. I will post more after registration and see how many we can get out

GETnBYE

Jim, we are trying our best to make it. May be with Hogan and Donna, so maybe Hogan will pass the info on. I will try to check emails in Jan. daily.
Hoping we make it this year.

Hi Nita!

We NEED you and Wayne in Goshen - so just make it happen :)

Negative on the mass text messages. A lot of Chapter Leaders (CL) get on the horn immediately to their members encouraging them to get logged in and registered. Not all CLs do this and not all can do this.

Vtxkid

Hey Jim! Pam and I are going! I am retiring next year and if we don't do any other big trip until I do retire, we will do this one. Way too much fun last year for us not to go in 2013...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jbeletti

BlogPaws2011-GoingBadge-Alums-160x160.gif

If we had something like this, anyone with a traveling/camping/RVing blog can post the event on their blog with a link to the Heartland Forum thread/page announcing the upcoming rally.

Thanks for the example. Not sure that the intended use of the badge would be a "best-fit" for a closed event (Heartland product owners only).

Jim

ZNK

Kelsea and I are hoping to make it. Depends on how our new little one will be doing then. If we make it for the golf outing I would be interested.

happykraut

Jim. Was reading the thread on the registration site. Mentioned that 2011 attendees get priority on registration then all other club members. How about 2012 attendees at Gillette getting next priority, after 2011 attendees but before all other club members. Just a thought.

GREAT idea, I'll vote for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.