2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodbuster

Does anybody have any tentative dates for the Goshen, Indiana rally? "Ball park dates" would help. We're trying to plan next years activities and the Goshen Rally is high on our list.

Thank you
Dick

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Re: 2013 North American Rally

Does anybody have any tentative dates for the Goshen, Indiana rally? "Ball park dates" would help. We're trying to plan next years activities and the Goshen Rally is high on our list.

Thank you
Dick

Hope we get to see you and Fran there. Haven't talked since we ran into you at the church parking lot across the street from us!

Rodbuster

Thank you Jim for getting back to me with those dates.
I did pick up a different problem though. Now that I found out that Gus is going to be there, Fran and I might decide to head in another direction.

Just kidding...just kidding. Gus, Fran and I have mentioned your name several times and we look forward to seeing you and Debra (especially Debra) soon.

Dick

boatto5er

Thank you Jim for getting back to me with those dates.
I did pick up a different problem though. Now that I found out that Gus is going to be there, Fran and I might decide to head in another direction.

Just kidding...just kidding. Gus, Fran and I have mentioned your name several times and we look forward to seeing you and Debra (especially Debra) soon.

Dick

I seem to evoke that sentiment in a lot of people. Guess it's time to switch to a new deodorant!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

It is "planned" for June 18-23.

Jim, This is good. Starting early. :)

I'm still pumped up from all the nice folks we met and great places we saw, in and around the Gillette and Cody rallys. Trace

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader

I must have been dreaming the other night when we were planning for next year, I could have sworn I read somehting saying it started the 11th. this is much better, gives me a chance to get some work done in June before we leave, then my clients will survive until I return.

Now if the stars could line up and the Ontario rally is again in windsor we could go to that one too......

jbeletti

Note that the DRV rally precedes ours in Goshen and ends on Saturday, June 15th. As such, the SOONEST we can move any rigs on is Sunday the 16th. Of course, Rally Service work will begin the next day, Monday the 17th with the first official day of the rally beginning the day after that, Tuesday the 18th.

What is my point - point is that our pre-rally is either non-existent, compressed, held in "other sites" or at another campground. Option one is not an option. We WILL have a pre-rally. Option two is no fun either - we want more than 2-days for pre-rally fun!

As such, I am exploring option 3 - using other sites at the Fairgrounds or option 4, holding the pre-rally at another campground. At this time, I am favoring the Elkhart Campground but not locked into anything yet. If we go with option 3, the Fairgrounds can put us in a mowed field and put out temp power (30 amp) and water only (no sewer). Either option requires a move (i.e. a double-setup).

No shortage of things to think about and work out on a rally of this size. I'm planning for 300 rigs!!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

According to Kelly's master plan, we will be at Elkhart Lake CG starting on the 12th. Planning on staying there until the AM of the 16th.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

I can hardly wait until I find out when school is out next year to see if we can make it. If we get out by the 11th we might have time to make it!

Kristy

shovelguy

Since it is running thru June 23rd I believe a real celebration should be in order as that is the date of our 46th wedding anniversary. And we will be there!!!! j

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

Yea! School is out on the 12th, so we might just be able to make it!!! Its good to see you up and around shovelguy. We missed you at Gillette.
Kristy

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

Note that the DRV rally precedes ours in Goshen and ends on Saturday, June 15th. As such, the SOONEST we can move any rigs on is Sunday the 16th. Of course, Rally Service work will begin the next day, Monday the 17th with the first official day of the rally beginning the day after that, Tuesday the 18th.

What is my point - point is that our pre-rally is either non-existent, compressed, held in "other sites" or at another campground. Option one is not an option. We WILL have a pre-rally. Option two is no fun either - we want more than 2-days for pre-rally fun!

As such, I am exploring option 3 - using other sites at the Fairgrounds or option 4, holding the pre-rally at another campground. At this time, I am favoring the Elkhart Campground but not locked into anything yet. If we go with option 3, the Fairgrounds can put us in a mowed field and put out temp power (30 amp) and water only (no sewer). Either option requires a move (i.e. a double-setup).

No shortage of things to think about and work out on a rally of this size. I'm planning for 300 rigs!!

I vote for option 3 at Elkheart Campground. No matter. Carol and I will be there even if it is a big open field. Just let us know where and when. Now, when ya gonna let us register for Goshen?? I know, hang on to my hat, hold my drawers, bide my time, etc. etc. etc. :D:D

Now for another subject -- I read in the Heartland Newsletter that Heartland is coming out with a new Landmark in the fall...Anybody got any information on it. I'm thinking of getting a new Landmark but want to see what floorplan they have come up with first????

jbeletti

I vote for option 3 at Elkheart Campground. No matter. Carol and I will be there even if it is a big open field. Just let us know where and when. Now, when ya gonna let us register for Goshen?? I know, hang on to my hat, hold my drawers, bide my time, etc. etc. etc. :D:D

Now for another subject -- I read in the Heartland Newsletter that Heartland is coming out with a new Landmark in the fall...Anybody got any information on it. I'm thinking of getting a new Landmark but want to see what floorplan they have come up with first????

Hi Keith! December for rally registration. Yes, the Landmark Sequoia is the new floor plan. I don't have any info on how it ended up. Months ago, I saw an early proto-type. But they change so much from beginning to final product. I can say that there will be changes to all the current Landmarks as well. I don't have a list of the changes, nor do I know for sure when we'll start seeing them. What good am I? :)

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

Thanks Jim. At least that gives me a starting point. Sequoia huh?? Can't wait to see what they come up with.

boatto5er

Thanks Jim. At least that gives me a starting point. Sequoia huh?? Can't wait to see what they come up with.

New Landmark? Now we know what Santa does with all those donations he gets every Christmas! :angel: Sequoia huh? That's the model name of our house. I assume the square footage will be a little different though. :)

wolfrat1

my wife and i sat in one at rvcapitalwholesalers in elkhart. it is a very very nice unit. alot of things that were options are now standard. two a/c units, a dyson vacuum system, a safe, a smaller refrig/freezer in the storage area. we weren't real thrilled about the tiger striped windows in the bedroom. about the one thing that detracted from a great fifth wheel. also a two year warranty on the landmarks for 2013. will no doubt be a big selling point. we are very interested in this unit.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

I can hardly wait until I find out when school is out next year to see if we can make it. If we get out by the 11th we might have time to make it!

Kristy

I feel your pain Kristy! The end of school is always a problem with time off! Hopefully it will work out because I'm not fond of another straight thru drive to Goshen. The last 17 hour trip was enough for me!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

I couldn't do a 17 hr trip. I can't go more than about 4 hrs a day or my back will have problems. We haven't ruled out the National next year, but I won't be out by the 11th, so chances don't look too good right now. We'll just have to see what the year brings.

Kristy

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired

I just booked my vacation for 2013 - June 13-28th. I have a Wedding to go to in PA on the 15th and I expect to be in Goshen on the 17th ... save me a spot:D. I've not made it to a National Rally so I am really looking forward to this.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.