Genesis W/ no AM Reception

danemayer

Hi Gotsisu99,

Welcome to the Heartland family and to the Owners Forum. You'll find a lot of friendly people here who are willing to share their experience and knowledge. I'm sure you'll get a bunch of responses pretty quickly.

dave10a

I have a 2013 Greystone with no AM reception on the radio. Is another antenna needed?
w
Thanks

YES, for some reason Heartland waded up a dipole antenna in ball. I unraveled it into a dipole and it still had bad reception for am/fm/weather. I designed my own antenna with trimmer capacitor to match impedance which made it better, but it was still lousy reception and was picking up too much EMI from other sources in the trailer. After replacing it under warranty and other issues like the digital Dolby waging out and DVD video would disappear, I simply gave it to some one and installed a Sony/Dolby sound system and now I can enjoy the music, am/fm and DVD. I use my CB for NOAA weather, which is a must while traveling. Genesis is not high my list of well designed units.

BobFields

Hi gotsisu, Sorry for the inconvenience. AM definitely requires a good antenna connection and a good ground to the unit. FM is more forgiving. The good news is this should certainly be resolvable. The easiest thing to try would be a test antenna to determine where the issue lies. An old fashion automotive antenna at the auto parts store would do. Simply remove the side trim pieces and the mounting screws to slide the unit out of the wall. Antenna plug is on the side of the unit.

Feel free to call us at the number below or email me directly.