Changing Tires

I still have the old crappy tires on my RV that came with it that everyone says blow and of course I had my fist blown tire. Lucky for me we had just got the RV back in the driveway and I noticed the leak. Now today I am trying to change the tire and was wondering if these RVs typically come with tire changing tools or if I have to go buy them. My tire iron for my diesel truck won't fit it. Do they stow a kit in these somewhere to change that I am missing or is this something they expect you to get on your own? Also, if I do need to get a tire iron, any idea what size?

jimtoo

Hi Nathan,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

No tools to change tires with are included with any of the units as far as I know.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Nathan, as jimtoo mentioned, no tire tools are included.. Most owners carry at least a 6 ton bottle jack and either a breaker bar and extension with the proper size deep well socket. A torque wrench is also a must. You will have to determine what size socket. Probably 7/8 or 13/16
By the way, Welcome to the Heartland Forum!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I carry a 6 ton bottle jack and a large 4 way lug wrench and a torque wrench. None came with the unit. My spare tire cranks down from the 'hiding' place under the rear of the unit and the tool to fit the crank did come with the RV.

rick_debbie_gallant

I carry a cell phone and a plastic card. The cell phone for calling Good Sam when I get a flat (or get locked out of the truck). So far I have not had to use them. But just in case we get caught without a signal I also carry a 20 ton air/hydraulic jack and a 12 volt compressor. If the compressor dont work I starts to pump. I also carry a two foot breaker bar, a tarp to lay on and also those thick rubber mats that lock together. Oh yes and flairs, one of those safety reflective vests to wear, and several flashlights. Next thing I am going to get is one of those yellow revolving lights that you see plow trucks and tow trucks use with led lights and a small 12 volt battery. Said equipment is all in one heavy duty rubber made tote. Oh yeah and a pair of old coveralls to throw on, plus a pair of gloves. I guess that about covers it. The only thing I dont have is a compressor. Oh wait, I do.

Bobbydo

Hi Jim,
I was reading your post. You said your RV came with the tool to lower the spare tire. On my last trip I had to call road side service because of a flat tire on my Landmark, when the guy arrived he asked me for my crank to lower the spare. At time time I realize they did not give me one when I purchased the RV. It has had 2 owners me being the 2nd one. Does anyone know if I can order one from Heartland?
Thanks for any help,

Bob & Colleen Nielson

jimtoo

Hi Bob and Colleen,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you can order one from Heartland. Have your VIN handy when you call and ask for parts. 877-262-8032. If you are a Heartland Owners Club member you can get a discount also.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M