Low holding tank drains

dbbls59

Just the purchased a TC3450TS am concerned about the sewer drain being so low. Has anyone had problems of dragging the drain on the roadway? I hope I am not just paranoid about this but it is a lot lower than my previous trailer.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello don.joyce59 and welcome to the forum.
How low is your drain? Some sit pretty low.
Mine is 12 inches above the ground, and one of my hydraulic levelers, next to the drain, sits just 10 inches above the ground.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Don, Welcome to the Heartland family. Help me out here. Which trailer is the TC3450TS? Where is the sewer drain located? I've heard some of the travel trailers had lower than usual drains but haven't heard of any issues with them getting hit or damaged by dragging. The one thing I've heard was an owner had a problem getting one of those blue transfer tanks under the drain.

JonV

I'm thinking TC3450TS is a typo and that Don meant BC3450TS.

Ours looks like it rides a bit low too but has never been an issue. The drop frame does make it lower I guess but I doubt it'll be a problem unless you take it somewhere you probably shouldn't.;)

dbbls59

I'm thinking TC3450TS is a typo and that Don meant BC3450TS.

Ours looks like it rides a bit low too but has never been an issue. The drop frame does make it lower I guess but I doubt it'll be a problem unless you take it somewhere you probably shouldn't.;)
You are right, it is a BC3450TS. I had a senior moment. I am picking up the trailer tomorrow and I noticed all the Big Country's with the drop frame had the drain in the same place. It seemed very low to me. Glad it is not an issue. Thanks.