D / S Security Question

BillSD

The DS Security switch turns on a light on the door side front. In the forum, many reference it as motion sensor type of light. For us, it just turns on and stays on. Our camper is a 2013 27RK. If it is a motion light, where is the sensor and how long before it resets and turns off?
thanks
Bill S

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if they now come with a motion sensor light from the factory.
If it is a motion sensor you should see some sort of sensor on the light.
I added mine aftermarket.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
What many of us are referring to as a motion sensor security light has been added by us, not OEM from the factory. It replaces the small oval light directly above the door, not the bigger (usually round) "scare" light that is just behind the front cap. Pretty simple upgrade for DIY. Recommend getting the LED lamp for it.

But you could replace the "scare" lights with the round motion sensor ones. Draw back there is in a close campground, they'll be coming on when your neighbors walk around their own rigs at night. The door mount one is under the awning and only comes on if something or someone strolls under it, or you exit the door at night. When we're not at the rig, I retract the awning, but leave the light powered.

http://www.starlightsinc.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=11&idcategory=4