How to get at the cable connection.

usnthedog

Installed the Jack head on my mast and I think it improved the signal but.... it loses signal completely. Pulled down the crank and cover and can see a connection through the hole. If I wiggle it my signal comes back. Tried to pull out a speaker to get at it but no go. My question: I have a Greystone 32Re. Antenna in the bedroom with a tv outlet. Main tv with the signal boost in the other end. If I remove the mast from the top of the trailer can I pull the cable out through the mast hole and get at the splice or do I encounter a 'tee' that feeds the bedroom TV and my work is for naught? There's a lot of sealant, etc. that has to be removed to do this so any other ideas would be appreciated. Is there enough slack in the cable to pull out 18" to 2'? Has anyone done this?

Thanks,

Jeff

danemayer

There's probably some slack or extra cable outside as the antenna cable comes out of the roof. On mine, I pushed the cable down into the roof about 2 or 3 inches. Then back inside, there was enough slack to pull down the cable and splice through the crank opening.

Once I had it in hand, I replaced both connectors and the splice and tightened well so I don't have to go back in the future.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes, if you take down the crank inside, you may be able to fish the cable out there, much easier than tackling from above. Maybe use a wire coat hanger to help. You should find the connection like Dan mentioned.