Wired Back-Up Camera Installation

TS3250 (09 Model) - We're exploring the possibility for installing a Back-Up camera system and from all i have read the wired-systems are superior in performance to the wireless systems that are available.

Does anyone have experience installing a camera mounted on the rear of this trailer and how to route the wiring to the hitch pinbox area?

DO any of you have a wireless system that does provide good performance that you could recommend?

Thanks,

davebennington

I did a wired system on our Landmark several years age. It works just fine however the install is a PITA. If I had it to do again I would go with the new wireless system that has a wire running to the front of the trailer and a receiver there to transmit the signal to the truck. It is my understanding that this system works OK.

dave

Most wireless systems have a wireless camera that sends the signal to the receiver which in turn is connected to the monitor. In essence, the receiver will be in the truck or you will have to wire it from the trailer to the truck.

vakthund

We just installed the Voyager wireless camera on our Cyclone and as long as the antenna is straight up the system works well.

---
One day I'll put something clever in here.

truknutt

Committed Member
I also just installed the Voyager wireless. I really like it; if you can get past the thought of drilling into your baby & actually paying for the system to begin with(!), it's a super-easy install.

Moose

On my last trailer (sob) I had a camera mounted above the rear bumper and hard wired to the hitch area where I had a lead to the plug in the back of my tow vehicle. I used 5-pole connector.

41QY-5DJyCL.jpg

The MyGig Nav system in my truck lets you install two cameras. I am now planning on mounting a Boyo license plate camera on my 3410RE and running hard wire the same way.

boyo-vtl425-ultra-slim-metal-bar-type-license-plate-camera-black-zinc_w300_h300.jpg

I have an Edge Products Insight CTS gauge for monitoring truck while towing (EGT, Tranny, boost, etc) it also allows for a camera attachment. So I installed a camera at the inside roof of the truck aimed at the 5th wheel hitch to assist me with the hooking up of RV.

NewTruck007.jpg