Removing sofa/couch from the rig

Bobby A

Anyone have any experiance removing the couch from the trailer ?? will it be able to go out the entry door ?? in one peace ?? I know its very heavy and the factory probably puts the furniture in before the slides go in. If possible I will be donateing it to a worthy cause but if I gotta tear it apart to remove it from the trailer it won't do them any good. I appreciate anyones experiance having to remove this furniture.

Blessing,
Bobby A

Last edited:

davebennington

Re: removing coach from rig.

Bobby,

I assume you mean to remove the couch. If that is so yes we removed ours and it was not really a bad job as the couch (sofa) does come apart,
ie... the back comes off and you can take it out in sections.

dave

rick_debbie_gallant

yup, what he said. just start unbolting stuff and take it apart in sections. It really is easy. Just make sure to count your fingers when you are done. First thing to do is remove the drawer from under neath. from there it is easybreezy.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

We removed the drawer and the feet....stood it on end and pivoted it out the door. Wasn't easy but doable....

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders

Like everyone else is saying, start unbolting things until it will fit out the door.

Birchwood

We removed our sofa bed with no problems through the front door.I think we just removed the drawer.

Bobby A

O.K. Thanks everyone, I have a few weeks before this needs to be done, as the furniture we purchased from Lazyboy takes 8 weeks.

Bobby A

Moose

That's what I was wonering as well.

Could always take out the picture window if it doesn't I guess.