EVENT: RV Show: FL, TAMPA - 1/16/2013 to 1/20/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
FOLKS,

It's that time again; preparations for the 2013 Tampa Supershow are taking place.

It took a good bit of talking to get spots at Lazy Days, and we don't have but a total of 7 spots (SOLD-OUT). What we would like to do is pair people who are coming early with people coming late if possible to allow maximum use of space.

I will be staying at the fairground in the general parking (boon docking) area, so I won't be taking any of our spots for those of you who like to have full hookups. These spots will be only for volunteers this year since spots are limited. Jim and I will coordinate volunteers and the spots.

I'm out of town till July 8th, but if you would like to volunteer for this event reply on this thread and we will start scheduling. After you volunteer we will assign you a spot till we are out, trying to make the most of our resources.

Remember, there are many options for camping spaces for the show:
- Lazy Days: Full hookups - approx $35 per night
- The Fairgrounds: 30 amp electric only - approx $160 for the week
- The Fairgrounds: Boondocking (where I'll be) - approx $10 per night

VOLUNTEER SCHEDULE

TUESDAY
This is Industry Day - so there is no public at the show this day, therefore no schedule for volunteers, just Mickey and I to setup the table/banner etc.
- Jim Beletti - AM to setup
- Mickey Merideth - AM to setup

WEDNESDAY
- Jim Beletti & Gus Funderburg- AM
- Dave Yocum and Julie Hancock - AM
- Jim Beletti & Need Single- PM
- Bobby and Lisa Altizer - PM
- Randy and Santha Allen - PM

THURSDAY*
- Jim Beletti & John Gaffney - AM
- Dave Yocum and Julie Hancock - AM
- Jim Beletti & John Gaffney - PM
- Bobby and Lisa Altizer - PM
- Eric and Dorothy van Opstal - PM

FRIDAY
- Jim Beletti & Doug Sloan - AM
- Single needed & Mary Sloan - AM
- Eric and Dorothy van Opstal - AM
- Jim Beletti & Mickey- Bonnie PM
- Chuck and Saundra Batcke - PM
- Randy and Santha Allen - PM

SATURDAY
- Jim Beletti & Mickey - AM
- Gus Funderburg & Bonnie - AM
- Doug and Mary Sloan - AM
- Jim Beletti & John Krussow- PM
- Kevin and Nelly Wolbeck - PM
- Ray and Lin LeTourneau - PM

SUNDAY
- Jim Beletti & John Krussow- AM
- Kevin and Nelly Wolbeck -AM
- Hogan and Donna Cooper - PM
- Jim Beletti & Mickey - Bonnie PM

Sunday PM crew will also tear the table/banner down at 5 PM

LAZY DAYS SITES
Site 1: Beletti - AR: 14-Jan / LV: 21-Jan - 7 nights
Site 2: van Opstal - AR: 15-Jan / LV: 22-Jan - 7 nights
Site 3: Sloan - AR: 14-Jan / LV: 21-Jan - 7 nights
Site 4: Allen - AR: 12-Jan / LV: 18-Jan - 7 nights
Site 5: Yocum - AR: 14-Jan / LV: 21-Jan - 7 nights
Site 6: Wolbeck- AR: 14-Jan / LV: 21-Jan - 7 nights
Site 7: Funderburg - AR: 13-Jan / LV: 26-Jan - 13 nights

* Thursday night, Heartland will host a dinner with club members who volunteered and worked the club table at the show

Last edited:

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Re: 2013 tampa supershow and lazy days spots

Thanks Dave and Julie;
I'm here about 5 miles from your old home, things have really changed here since I was here last, new bridge to the island. Back on topic...are you going to be there all week of the show?

davebennington

Mickey,

Yes, we can be there all week, maybe by then we will have a house in FL. LOL

dave

donr827

We are new owners of a Bighorn but have had our name on Lazydays list for the 2013 show since the end of the 2012 show. We will be coming in the Saturday before the show and leaving the Monday after the show. I can help for a day if needed. Would not need to take one of the spots you have reserved.
Don

jbeletti

Hi Don,

So you are saying you already have a reservation with Lazy Days? That's great. Don't mention the show sites when you call them back and they won't take yours from our allocation :)

As club members, we'd love to have you help us with the show. Since you'll be there all week, how about choosing 2 half-days and letting us know which half-days you'd like. If you'd prefer, you can work the table with us for an entire day - but it does get long :)

Thanks for stepping up and Mickey and I look forward to working with you. We'll add you to your slots in post #1 when we hear back from you and later in the year, we'll email all volunteers with more information on working the table.

Bobby A

Yes Mickey/ Jim

You can count Lisa and I in on our usual 2 to 6 shift on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons, we always look forward to it.

Bobby A

jbeletti

Got you down Bobby - looking forward to seeing you guys again!

Hi Dave - thank you for volunteering again in 2013 - let me know what shifts you want.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Unfortunately Kelly and I will not be making this show in 13. We will be wintering it up in Texas. But if Kelly's planning works out we will be there in 14!

jbeletti

Well Michael, though we'll miss you in Tampa 2013, I will see you at least one other time this year. Hello Wisconsin!!!!

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired

Jim, We will be in the area during the show and I can work all day any day you need me. I will drive from wherever we are staying and spend the day at the show. I prefer one full day versus two half days because I will not be staying close by. Ken

DougS

Doug S

Jim & Mickey,
Doug and Mary Sloan would like to volunteer again for the show.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Jim, Just talked to Dave. Put Santha and I down on your list.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Hi Jim, we are available to fill any slots you need for the entire week. We plan on being in FL for the month so a stay in Tampa will fit the bill. Let us know where we can fill in.

Status
Not open for further replies.