Big Horn Dealers

shovelguy

We are about ready to order a 3055RL and have been shopping around, both from local dealers and via the Internet, getting quotes from quite a few dealers. The best price we have received is from "Hartland RV Outlet" in Elkhart. The person we have been talking with is Gary Davis. Has anyone had any experience with this dealer, good bad or indifferent?
Thanks for the help.

grizzlygiant

Just a few hours north of Elkhart is Lakeshore RV in Muskegon, MI. They earned my business with the lowest price and with good service. They saved me a bundle compared to local dealers. Give John a call 231-788-2040.

shovelguy

Yes, I have talked with John at Lakeshore, and was about ready to order from him when I heard about Hartland RV Outlet. I got a better price from Hartland, so now am trying to get more information about them.

Last edited:
C

Chulinw

Have you look at rv for less out of Knoxville, TN. Seems like a lot of the members purchase from Butch & Karen.

gawelsh

HARTLAND RV outlet was at the Rally this year....they had some models on display - great folks. If we ever get another one (we love ours, so have no immediate plans to trade in, since it's so new) , we'll work with them. THey are on very good terms with the factory, since they are such a great dealer.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hartland RV also has a company named Recreational Specialties that preps their trailers for delivery. These folks know the trailer well and my thoughts are that you would receive a very good PDI from them. I believe I am correct in saying this, maybe some other senior members can chime in from rally experience. Sometimes "best price" isn't the best way to go.

Comment by Admin:
Ray, Hartland RV Outlet is owned by Rob Reid. Nice guy. He also owns Great Lakes RV Center. His service center is not Recreational Specialties though, it is RV Capitol Service Center. I've been to all of their shops. All seem to be good businesses. We've heard a lot of positive comments about the service work at RV Capitol Service Center.

As for Recreational Specialties, another fine service center in Elkhart. This one is owned by Ron Green and his partner Matt Cameron. Matt worked for Heartland their first few years so he knows the product very well. A lot of positive comments on work done at RS as well.

Jim
Admin

Last edited by a moderator:

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Ray LeTourneau said:
Hartland RV also has a company named Recreational Specialties that preps their trailers for delivery. These folks know the trailer well and my thoughts are that you would receive a very good PDI from them. I believe I am correct in saying this, maybe some other senior members can chime in from rally experience. Sometimes "best price" isn't the best way to go.
Sure have to agree with Ray on this one . The repairmen at the Rally done a very good job on my repairs and would think this has to reflect back to the dealer. I paid a little more on price with my dealer but am well pleased so far on service. ----Ken

shovelguy

I would be the first to agree that cheapest is not always the way to go, and that purchasing locally is good. However when the out of area Internet dealer is giving me a price $****** cheaper than the local dealer, for the same product, it just does not make a lot of sense to me to to buy locally. If we were talking a few hundred $'s, I wouldn't hesitate in buying locally, but that is not the case. I just can't see spending $******* +/- on a product I can get somewhere else for $****** +/-, not to mention my finance manager (read that as DW) would have a fit!!

Note by Admin:
Pursuant to the latest forum rules, please shy away from posting trailer pricing. Feel free however to PM or email each other privately about pricing.
Thanks,
Jim
Admin

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dean makes a good point also. Our local dealer was willing to match the price we found through the web. This is especially true this time of year if you are buying off the lot. If you are placing a special order I would expect at least 25% off of list wherever you buy. If they won't sell for that, go elsewhere.

shovelguy

Well Friday afternoon we ordered our 3055RL with all just about all the bells and whistles you can get. We are expecting delivery mid September, due to the extra time required for thermo pane windows. Just in time to get it packed for our annual family labor day camp-out/reunion up on Puget Sound.
Dean

jimtoo

"Well Friday afternoon we ordered our 3055RL with all just about all the bells and whistles you can get. We are expecting delivery mid September, due to the extra time required for thermo pane windows. Just in time to get it packed for our annual family labor day camp-out/reunion up on Puget Sound.
Dean"

I thought Labor Day was September 3, :confused: did they change something again and nobody told me:eek: ????? :D :D :D

Yes,,, congrats on your order and you will be very happy with the 3055RL and the thermo pane windows, well worth the wait.:)

Jim

jbeletti

Hi Dean and Jodi,

Congratulations on your order! Good call on the dual panes. Wish I had some. Next time...

Jim

shovelguy

jimtoo said:
"Well Friday afternoon we ordered our 3055RL with all just about all the bells and whistles you can get. We are expecting delivery mid September, due to the extra time required for thermo pane windows. Just in time to get it packed for our annual family labor day camp-out/reunion up on Puget Sound.
Dean"

I thought Labor Day was September 3, :confused: did they change something again and nobody told me:eek: ????? :D :D :D

Yes,,, congrats on your order and you will be very happy with the 3055RL and the thermo pane windows, well worth the wait.:)

Jim

Labor day is in fact the Ist Monday of September, and we do have a family camp-out/re-union that week end. The 1st weekend in October we will be going to a fall rally with a trailer camping group we belong too. Although every one else will have the same make of RV at the rally. we can still still attend, just have to put up with being a SOB. (some other brand). :eek: Mixing the two weekends up in my earlier post just goes to show how excited I am about getting a Bighorn.:eek:

Dean

jimtoo

We also have a family outing for the Labor Day weekend. :D

Just had to make a smart a** comment... now you know what to look forward to when you make a mistake, somebodies gonna get you. :D :D

I am sure you will love your Bighorn 3055RL as much as we do. And the dual pane windows are really nice.

Jim

Bighorn Dealers

I just received Bighorn 3055rl from RVdirectwholesalers- I believe they are a sub company of Hartand RV Outlet (sticker on rv) also Great Lake RV- I dealt with Justin. They will match or beat any other price. They arranged delivery to my door. I love unit. Only small concerns we fixed ourselvers. We will probably replace DVD/stero as it does stop on us- first time we used it. I believe it retails for $89., so its not worth sending back.

krocket

Am shopping for a BH 3055 and see references to Heartland RV Outlet,Lake shore RV, and RV Price Buster--does anyone have web address for these dealers. Have gotten a quote from RV's For Less and just shopping the market so when I go to a nearby dealer I have some ammo. Also how effective are the electric fireplaces--or would it be just as good to have a couple of portable heaters ( besides much cheaper) ?

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
krocket, we have the fireplace in our 3670RL and we think it's great. I get up at 3:30 am, to get ready for work. I turn the furnace on for a few minutes to get the chill off of the place, then turn on the fireplace. It seems to keep the trailer plenty warm enough and it stops all the whining when "SWMBO" gets up at 4:00. (jk) We've only had ours since for a week, but it has gotten down to 30 deg this week and still keeps the place pretty warm. It also sits right under the computer desk and so she is able to stay toasty. I have seen other posts from people that have had theirs longer than we have, and they seem to be happy that they got it.