Service in Elkhart

Rodbuster

Good morning,
I will be passing very near Elkhart, Ind. in a few days. I'm wondering if there is a place that I could go to, to have a couple of electrical issues looked at on my Landmark???

A person to contact, a dealer's name, an address, a phone number....any info at all would be great.

Thank you
Dick

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Dick, RV Capital Wholesalers is in Elkhart. I purchased my Landmark from them and they were very helpful. Haven't used them for service but they do have a large service department. Good Luck. Ken

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Dick, RV Capital Wholesalers is in Elkhart. I purchased my Landmark from them and they were very helpful. Haven't used them for service but they do have a large service department. Good Luck. Ken

RV Capital is where the BH manager sent me for warranty work. I have an appointment there on the 18th. Be sure to call and make an appointment.

Tool958

RV Capital Service Center in Elkhart is where Heartland suggested we go for repair on the nose cone of our Cyclone. We're headed up there Monday. I figure they must be pretty good if it is recommended by the factory.

davebennington

Dick,

You may be still under warranty, why not try Heartland customer service. If they can get you in I know they can fix anything problems that you may have.

dave

Wharton

WE have used Master Tech for years now. You don't need to go to a Heartland dealer for warranty service.

Rodbuster

Well, Ken (krhyde) was the first to mention RV Capital for service followed by a few others so that's what I did, and things worked out great.

Dave (davebennington), I did call customer service (although my warranty has expired) and spoke to Eric. He informed me that the Heartland plant was closed for the holidays and that I should try RV Capital and if that didn't pan out to call him back and that he would work something out.

I called RV Capital to see if they could fit me in. I spoke to Rhonda and she told me to be there at 8:30 Wednesday morning (July 11th). I was there at 8:10.
Fran and I walked in to the service department and we were greeted by Cheryl the service manager. Cheryl asked Fran to fill out some paperwork while I spoke to her and a technician about my problem. Within 10 minutes, I had 2 people (Willy and Don) working on my coach.

My problem was my portable EMS surge protector.... sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't work. On 2 different occassions, I had somebody look at this problem and they both said that it was a problem inside the coach. Well, RV Capital tested a bunch of stuff using different meters and they were sure that the problem was with the surge protector. That's good enough for me.

After working on my coach for a little more than an hour, it was time to settle up. I went over to the service desk and Cheryl was just finishing up my paperwork. An explanation of what they did and what they found and a big "NC" (No Charge) was written across the paperwork.
Rhonda, (the lady that originally gave me the appointment) was standing next to Cheryl at the time. I said, "I hope this doesn't offend you, but would you take this ($$) and buy yourselves lunch." They refused it and said that thet were glad that they were able to help.
I was on the road before 10 AM.
Thank you Ken and the others that mentioned RV Capital.

I almost forgot to mention that we did take the time to go to the Heartland plant, even though they were closed. I wanted to meet Eric (which I did) and thank him for his help.

I've read a couple of negative comments in the last couple of days about Heartland customer and/or dealer service. Well, I'm here to tell you, in the past 14 months I've had just a couple of dealings with customer service and a few dealings with dealer service and they have all been "EXCEPTIONAL" in my book.

Dick

Last edited:

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Dick, good to hear it. I'll be at RV Capital on the 18th of July. We are in Effingham IL right now at the Lakewood RV Park making our way that direction.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
So glad it worked out. Since they wouldn't take your money for lunch, suppose you could buy mine??? Ken

jjwink

Definitely go to RV Capital!! We have been there for service twice in the past year and have excellent service both times. Rhonda went the extra mile to try to find us a part we needed. Wish all Heartland dealers were as concerned about their customers and their satisfaction with service and not just selling the product.

Tool958

Definitely go to RV Capital!! We have been there for service twice in the past year and have excellent service both times. Rhonda went the extra mile to try to find us a part we needed. Wish all Heartland dealers were as concerned about their customers and their satisfaction with service and not just selling the product.

We had the same experience with RV Capital and Rhonda. All of the warranty issues we had were fixed along withe the nosecone repair they did. The biggest complaint we had was about the extra air conditioner they were supposed to install. We made the appointment to do the repairs and install the air conditioner about 3 weeks in advance. We took our Cyclone up there last Monday and picked it up Friday afternoon. It is about a 6 1/2 hour drive for us. Rhonda called Thursday evening and told us that they couldn't find the install kit for the air conditioner. I would have thought that would have been ordered in advance and on hand for the install. Needless to say we weren't real happy about it. Now we have to make another trip to Indianapolis, In. to Camping World to get one installed. It's 2 hours away both ways and the extra expence of fuel, etc. We are headed west to Sturgis and on to Yellowstone from there. Guess we'll ad the extra 2 hours to Indy to our trip. Seems no matter how hard or careful we plan something it always gets changed one way or another.

Dave49

We had the same experience with RV Capital and Rhonda. All of the warranty issues we had were fixed along withe the nosecone repair they did. The biggest complaint we had was about the extra air conditioner they were supposed to install. We made the appointment to do the repairs and install the air conditioner about 3 weeks in advance. We took our Cyclone up there last Monday and picked it up Friday afternoon. It is about a 6 1/2 hour drive for us. Rhonda called Thursday evening and told us that they couldn't find the install kit for the air conditioner. I would have thought that would have been ordered in advance and on hand for the install. Needless to say we weren't real happy about it. Now we have to make another trip to Indianapolis, In. to Camping World to get one installed. It's 2 hours away both ways and the extra expence of fuel, etc. We are headed west to Sturgis and on to Yellowstone from there. Guess we'll ad the extra 2 hours to Indy to our trip. Seems no matter how hard or careful we plan something it always gets changed one way or another.

Not trying to be sarcastic at all, because that is not a good thing to happen. But I will tell you that once your on your way to sturgis and yellowstone all the pain will go away. We just got done with that westward trip and its everything that you can imagine and even more!! Have a safe trip!!

Dave

jbeletti

Guess where I'm at tonight.

View attachment 20363

I'll be at RV Capital @ 0930 in the morning.

Well, your picture is taken from the parking lot on the west side of plant 10 (green building). And you are probably staying at Elkhart Campground. Say hi to "Gita" at the CG.

Enjoy Elkhart - here's some eating ideas:

Breakfast

• In Elkhart, I like the Golden Egg for breakfast. If you like eggs, go hungry :) Real close to the Elkhart Campground. 3421 Plaza Court, Elkhart - 574-266-6400
  • Of course, there's always Cracker Barrel and Perkins. I love the Granny Omelete at Perkins. Their pancakes are good too. We just ate at a Cracker Barrel today. In Chattanooga. Hard to beat.
  • In Goshen, I like Luxe Cafe for breakfast. 2012 Lincolnway East, Goshen - 574-534-8045

Lunch

• I like Charlie's Butcher Block in Elkhart for their sandwiches (made to order), the hot items and their home made desserts :) Real close to Elkhart Campground. I've only been there during the week, so I can't say what they have or if they're open on weekends. 1900 Berry St # A, Elkhart - 574-264-6034
  • I also like Heinnie's Back Barn Inn, in Elkhart for their fried Pork Tenderloin sandwiches. 1743 West Lusher, Elkhart - 574-522-9101
  • I like South Side Soda Shop in Goshen for their sandwiches and pie. I like their Philly Cheese Steak sandwich. 1122 South Main Street, Goshen - 574-534-3790

Dinner

• I like Heinnie's Back Barn Inn, in Elkhart for their Prime Rib on Friday/Saturday nights. Have it char-grilled :) 1743 West Lusher, Elkhart - 574-522-9101
  • I like Luxe Cafe in Goshen for their Manhattan style hot beef sandwich. They also have a great tortilla soup. 2012 Lincolnway East, Goshen - 574-534-8045

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Well, your picture is taken from the parking lot on the west side of plant 10 (green building). And you are probably staying at Elkhart Campground. Say hi to "Gita" at the CG.

Jim Thanks, I'll try the Butcher Block for lunch. If I don't cook breakfast, I'll be having the Uncle Hershel's Favorite. I've already scoped Cracker Barrel out :) We hope to be on the road in time to make the 280 miles on to our summer resting place in Bad Axe.

And now a message from Stacy:

OK Jim, that's where we were at and yes that's where we are staying. But if your so smart..What site are we staying in? LOL!

We'll see you in a few weeks

jbeletti

Jim Thanks, I'll try the Butcher Block for lunch. If I don't cook breakfast, I'll be having the Uncle Hershel's Favorite. I've already scoped Cracker Barrel out :) We hope to be on the road in time to make the 280 miles on to our summer resting place in Bad Axe.

And now a message from Stacy:

OK Jim, that's where we were at and yes that's where we are staying. But if your so smart..What site are we staying in? LOL!

We'll see you in a few weeks

I'm gonna guess site 411 on the end.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Service at RV Capital was awesome, they even found a cracked fender that I didn't notice. If your gonna be in the area, call and talk to Rhonda, get an appointment and they will take good care of you.

Shipshewana flea market is on Tuesday and Wednesdays.

P.S.

Site 213 Jim;)

jbeletti

Rex and Stacy,

Plan to join us for the 2013 North American Heartland Owners Rally in Goshen, Indiana - you'll have fun!