First RV - Prowler 20RBS

jhawk

We finally did it! Kids are grown and out of the house (mostly) and only one grandchild (so far) - and we purchased our first RV. Small by some standards - perfect and cozy by ours - we are enjoying our Prowler. We were looking specifically for something that was built for two (not 8 or 12) sleepers. We looked at a lot of RV's but found nothing that suited us more than the Prowler 20RBS.
We had purchased our RV while it had some damage to the stickers on the outside of the unit. We were told by the dealer that they would order a new sticker "kit" and would call us when it came in - and they would replace all of the exterior stickers. They told us to make a 'warranty list' of problems, and that they would correct those when we brought the camper in for the sticker replacement. Well - that warranty list has gotten rather long, and we were worried that we had bought a 'lemon'. We are glad we found this forum - we have seen a lot of the same issues posted by members, and amazingly it has been comforting. Okay, not that the same problems are seen time and again - but that the problems are relatively minor and common (satellite/cable connections, missing screws). Being first time RV owners, we had no idea that there would be anything wrong with our unit - and we are feeling better about our decision now that we realize that these minor problems with our unit are easily fixed and no "big deal".
Now - if the dealer would call to tell us those stickers are in .......
The adventure continues. :)

jbeletti

Hi jhawk,

Congratulations on joining the Heartland family. When you get a chance, check into and consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. We have 2 chapters in Texas and one nearby in Oklahoma. We'd love to meet you and your family at a Heartland rally this year.

jimtoo

Hi jhawk,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I would suggest you stay in contact with your dealer service. Let us know how your service goes.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome!

Another Texan !!! I encourage you to join the club, it's a great bunch of folks and we have lots of fun at our get- togethers.

I like you found comfort that some of my new trailer issues were common. All trailers will have them, but HL does take care of them, better than anyone. Keep asking your dealer, and you can also call Heartland direct with your VIN number and they can probably tell you the status of the parts, as well.

Enjoy your trailer!!!

pegmikef

Welcome. I am always glad to see a fellow Texan travel trailer owner. There is a Heartland Rally in October right down the road from you in Boerne that you might consider going to and meet a lot of other Heartland owners (I think they have 17 or 18 scheduled attendees already). They are a great bunch of folks. Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one because of another commitment. I hope you get everything squared away with your dealer and Heartland. Mike

Oops, forgot. To get the info on the Boerne rally, just click on the Events Tab on the forum toolbar and then click on the Boerne entry.

Last edited: