POLL: Would you buy this?

Would you buy a Calendar with Pictures of Heartland Owners' rigs?

• Yes

Votes: 25 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 50 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

davebennington

This is a poll, if you have come to this thread, please check “yes” or “no”.

Would you buy a calendar made up of pictures of Heartland Owners rigs on location? Twelve monthly pictures would identify the owner of the rig as well where the picture was taken. Pricing depends on quantity produced and would range between $6 and $14 plus shipping.

Profits from sale of the calendar will be donated to a charity in the name of “Heartland Gives Back”.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Dave
DW suggested putting more emphasis on the locations visited by the members, with maybe a small HL sighting in the background. (Sort of a Where's Waldo?)

That would be better than a close up featuring the members and their rigs. IHHO

She said people might find that more interesting. Trace

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341686875.234983.jpg

Trace,

You mean something like this?

(This picture was taken as our caravan went from Gillette to Cody, WY over the Big Horn mountains. It was taken out of the windshield, so not the best quality, but that's Doug&Judy in their Landmark!)

If the pictures were more along these lines, yes I think I'd be interested. Focus on scenery and HL coach adds to it. ;)

davebennington

I was thinking something along the lines like this, but a different one each month.

Attachments

• test picture.jpg
    test picture.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 81

TandT

View attachment 20220

Trace,

You mean something like this?

(This picture was taken as our caravan went from Gillette to Cody, WY over the Big Horn mountains. It was taken out of the windshield, so not the best quality, but that's Doug&Judy in their Landmark!)

If the pictures were more along these lines, yes I think I'd be interested. Focus on scenery and HL coach adds to it. ;)

Erika (& Tony),
Yes! Teri said you nailed her idea exactly.
More focus on the scenery with a Heartland flair. More candid and less of a portrait. Trace

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
I would if it was more like Dave's and less like Erika'a - I want both - beauty of our country and my HL family's rigs!

TandT

Don't get me wrong, I'm all-in with Heartland gives back. For that reason alone, I guess we would buy one.

As far as calendars go however, I agree with Hastey, we don't really use them, with the internet and cell phones having day/date information.

The candid scenes of our country, with HL flavor, would interest me more than portrait type pictures. JMHO Trace

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I don't know if you've looked into the set-up/unit costs and minimum order required for this kind of item, but it might make the charitable portion of the proceeds less than you hope for. Something like the Babies/Love project or Food Bank donations of the Goshen Rally results in 100% of the "donation" going to the recipients, and you don't have to find a spot to put anything.

Moose

Between my desktop, my laptop, my netbook, my PlayBook tablet, my Android tablet, my BlackBerry, my iPhone, my Samsung Galaxy I am over calendered.

BUT, make it possible for me to donate directly to said charity using PayPal and I will be there.

davebennington

Thanks everyone for you responses so far, I told Julie I would give it 30 days to see if there was enough interest before going forward or dropping the idea.

dave

TXTiger

Could we get a digital version of it so we can put it into our electronic devices? Just an idea!!! And maybe it would be more cost effective than one in print??

back2nature

Our only calendars are cell phones, computers and iPad (all synced). Can't sync a paper calendar. But it's a nice thought.