PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Would you buy this?

davebennington
07-07-2012, 12:30 PM
This is a poll, if you have come to this thread, please check “yes” or “no”.

Would you buy a calendar made up of pictures of Heartland Owners rigs on location? Twelve monthly pictures would identify the owner of the rig as well where the picture was taken. Pricing depends on quantity produced and would range between $6 and $14 plus shipping.

Profits from sale of the calendar will be donated to a charity in the name of “Heartland Gives Back”.

TandT
07-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Dave
DW suggested putting more emphasis on the locations visited by the members, with maybe a small HL sighting in the background. (Sort of a Where's Waldo?)

That would be better than a close up featuring the members and their rigs. IHHO

She said people might find that more interesting. Trace

TravelTiger
07-07-2012, 01:50 PM

Trace,

You mean something like this?

(This picture was taken as our caravan went from Gillette to Cody, WY over the Big Horn mountains. It was taken out of the windshield, so not the best quality, but that's Doug&Judy in their Landmark!)

If the pictures were more along these lines, yes I think I'd be interested. Focus on scenery and HL coach adds to it. ;)

davebennington
07-07-2012, 02:25 PM
I was thinking something along the lines like this, but a different one each month.

TandT
07-08-2012, 12:55 AM

Trace,

You mean something like this?

(This picture was taken as our caravan went from Gillette to Cody, WY over the Big Horn mountains. It was taken out of the windshield, so not the best quality, but that's Doug&Judy in their Landmark!)

If the pictures were more along these lines, yes I think I'd be interested. Focus on scenery and HL coach adds to it. ;)

Erika (& Tony),
Yes! Teri said you nailed her idea exactly.
More focus on the scenery with a Heartland flair. More candid and less of a portrait. Trace

jayc
07-08-2012, 06:47 AM
Yep, I'd buy one.

JohnDar
07-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Nope. Already overwhelmed by calendars from charities we donate to.

tmcran
07-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Nope.

cemill
07-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Nope

2psnapod1
07-08-2012, 09:23 AM
I would if it was more like Dave's and less like Erika'a - I want both - beauty of our country and my HL family's rigs!

Hastey
07-08-2012, 09:54 AM
We don't use traditional calenders. Smart phones have taken over.

codycarver
07-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Yep, I'd buy one.

So would we

TandT
07-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm all-in with Heartland gives back. For that reason alone, I guess we would buy one.

As far as calendars go however, I agree with Hastey, we don't really use them, with the internet and cell phones having day/date information.

The candid scenes of our country, with HL flavor, would interest me more than portrait type pictures. JMHO Trace

JohnDar
07-08-2012, 12:52 PM
I don't know if you've looked into the set-up/unit costs and minimum order required for this kind of item, but it might make the charitable portion of the proceeds less than you hope for. Something like the Babies/Love project or Food Bank donations of the Goshen Rally results in 100% of the "donation" going to the recipients, and you don't have to find a spot to put anything.

Moose
07-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Between my desktop, my laptop, my netbook, my PlayBook tablet, my Android tablet, my BlackBerry, my iPhone, my Samsung Galaxy I am over calendered.

BUT, make it possible for me to donate directly to said charity using PayPal and I will be there.

davebennington
07-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Thanks everyone for you responses so far, I told Julie I would give it 30 days to see if there was enough interest before going forward or dropping the idea.

dave

TXTiger
07-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Could we get a digital version of it so we can put it into our electronic devices? Just an idea!!! And maybe it would be more cost effective than one in print??

Nabo
07-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Yes like the picture you posted Dave.

Jim-n-Leslie
07-10-2012, 10:41 PM
No, sorry. Too many calendars already, electronic and otherwise.

back2nature
07-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Our only calendars are cell phones, computers and iPad (all synced). Can't sync a paper calendar. But it's a nice thought.

davebennington
07-16-2012, 08:19 AM
Bring this to the top again

MTPockets
07-16-2012, 08:40 AM
Every time I log on to a Heartland forum I see pics... My opinion is the calendar would be a bust... (Now add a 20 something in a bikini.......... maybe..)

TravelTiger
07-16-2012, 01:39 PM
What about a photo contest instead? If a person had to donate, say $5 to enter up to 3 pictures, all the donations go to the charity, the winners of the contest get glory in some way (added to the HL website in the Owner's Club section or something), and we all get to enjoy seeing the great pics!!

davebennington
10-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Although the poll did not reflect a positive outlook for a Heartland calendar. I have had many folks contact me and would like to see one produced. So if you have a picture of your rig that would be considered and "action" shot please send it to me and I will put something together and try to produce a 2013 calendar in limited quantities.
By action shot I mean your rig with the beautiful scenery, flags, and activities going on around the rig, your rig and your truck. Here are a couple of examples that I am looking for. Submit your Picture(s) to me at my email address dyocum881@yahoo.com.
Also I was told they make great Christmas presents.

I would like to thank Dave Tardiff (codycarver) for his support in pursuing this endeavor